My Ubuntu weblog - Reviews please..

warenli

Reaction score
Hi, I just moved my weblog to x10hosting.com and so far so great. I have a blog focussed primarily on Ubuntu and you can find it here,
http://enli.co.cc

It uses Wordpress and a theme called "Fusion". Any kind of feedback would be great.

EnLi

dbojan

Reaction score
Nice blog. Glade you write about Ubuntu, it's my primer OS on laptop. I've used Slackware for many years but now i switched to Ubuntu and i'm not dissapionted. Maybe you changed your theme, theme on your blog is inove.
I have a couple of blog posts about Ubuntu on my bolg too.

warenli

Reaction score
dbojan, Thanks for the correction.

I am happy on my decision to swich to Ubuntu, no problems so far and it works so smooth even after 4-5 days of uptime. Considering I am a computer engineering student, having a good knowledge of Linux is must.

warenli

Reaction score
I am looking for link exchange too. Let me know if you have good content and we will talk about it.

JuniorD

Reaction score
First few issues without looking at the initial website:
Very slow loading. I suppose my 100 MBPS connection just can't handle it...

Review:

Wow. Very fancy. The graphics alone can get me attracted to your site. The layout is well thought out and such, even though you did not make the actual website theme, I am impressed by your organizational structure, because many may have a very awesome website template, yet they do not use it to its full potential. Anyways, good show. 9.5/10. (Not a fan of a few of the colors)

-JuniorD, ExchangeCore Lead Graphics Organizer/Website Administrator

warenli

Reaction score
About the slow loading times, I guess I have many plugins installed and maybe the php processing is taking a lot of time. I guess I will have to use wp-supercache plugin.

Thanks for constructive reply,
- EnLi

warenli

Reaction score
I have changed the front page layout to show only excerpts and also installed wp-supercache plugin.

I would like to hear about the loading times and maybe reviews too :p

akkudreamz

Reaction score
nice work there.... :)
ya wp-super-cache does wonders to a wp blog
nice to find a blog on ubuntu here....
i love the OS, its becoming popular rapidly as it has tackled the main problem people complained about
that linux isnt dat user friendly and is for techies
the people behind ubuntu r really doing great, the shipit facility, the great ubuntufoums
and above all the commmunity of users like us has made it popular
:)

warenli

Reaction score
nice work there.... :)
ya wp-super-cache does wonders to a wp blog
nice to find a blog on ubuntu here....
i love the OS, its becoming popular rapidly as it has tackled the main problem people complained about
that linux isnt dat user friendly and is for techies
the people behind ubuntu r really doing great, the shipit facility, the great ubuntufoums
and above all the commmunity of users like us has made it popular
:)

I agree that linux is not user friendly, but Ubuntu is fasting stepping towards the most user friendly linux distribution. In fact, few months ago I read somewhere a guy complaining about why Ubuntu should be for geeks and not for stupid win-switchers only for Compiz eye-candy.

Anyways, linux give me full control of the system and using terminal and stuff is very exciting and fun too ;)

nightbandit

Reaction score
Huge loading time for me. This can be easily fixed by going into terminal typing the following:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /

You will then be asked for your password, after that sit back and watch Ubuntu work its magic. No, I don't actually expect to do that. (For those not in the know, the code above will delete everything.)

Nah, just kidding. I really like your site, and I'm going to bookmark it. I wish you would do something about that load time though.

warenli

Reaction score
Huge loading time for me. This can be easily fixed by going into terminal typing the following:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /
You will then be asked for your password, after that sit back and watch Ubuntu work its magic. No, I don't actually expect to do that. (For those not in the know, the code above will delete everything.)

Nah, just kidding. I really like your site, and I'm going to bookmark it. I wish you would do something about that load time though.

Awesome, I didnt know "sudo rm -rf /" would speed up things so much. Just kidding ;)

I dont know pal, why site is taking so much time to load. Believe me or not, I spent whole yesterday on finding out how to optimize Wordpress load times. Implemented few ideas and the load time is much less now. I guess Starka server having problems recently.

How much time did it take to load completely?