Resolved My website seems to have disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

argentlee

Prime Account
Reaction score
My website, bcbranch.exofire.net, seems to have disappeared. I suspect that it has something to do with the migration. I clicked on the c-panel icon but it just timed out, so I do not know if there are any files still there. Actually, why would there be a c-panel icon? Is not c-panel history? I looked at some postings and read about purging of inactive accounts. Would this apply to prime accounts as well? That is the main reason that I have been paying for the service for many years, so that I do not have to regularly log-in. I am really confused as to what happened. Please help. Thankyou.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, some prime accounts has been affected since it was done directly on the server, unfortunately.

The plan no longer exists and as far as I know those that had it previously was grandfathered to keep it but sadly there's not really any tie in with the account who is actually still paying or not as we're not the one doing a charge, from my understanding it is the users that sends a recurring payment.

With the new backend this will hopefully be something that is easier to keep track of.

I'm restoring your account right now.

argentlee

Prime Account
Reaction score
Oh my goodness. The site is back. Thankyou for your quick response. The database seems to be inoperative but I will look at that in a few days as right now I am pretty busy.
Yes, the payments were automated. Ironically, my last annual payment was just last month. It was X10 that set it up but most likely the automation is done by PayPal. I will look into shutting that off and also have a look at what you are presently offering.
Again, thanks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now there is no alternative (other then upgrading to a premium account). I have been told that no manual purges should happen going forward, normal suspensions will be resumed as a "warning" before any terminations are made.

While I'd advise you to login regularly to be safe, it is possible the account would be seen as having Prime when normal operations are in play (backend may see the prime, but the servers don't really have any difference in package right now)

I know there is talk about an option similar to Prime, and with the new backend, that will in fact be the same type of account manager as premium hosting have, it will be a lot easier to implement various enhancements and upgrades to a free account and keep track of when they expire etc. When those options will be implemented is however still an open question, priority is getting the basics working properly.

argentlee

Prime Account
Reaction score
Well, now I am a little confused. I looked at your link to premium and I cannot find any reference to where a premium account will avoid any suspensions due to lack of log-ins. From what I can glean, there is no sure way of ensuring that the site keeps perculating along, independant of log-ins, accept that maybe a prime account might, but that would be a crap-shoot. Is that a correct interpretation of the situation? Well, I will be logging in fairly frequently over the next few weeks in getting that database fixed (for which I won an award!), but after that, once things are all fixed, I really would be looking for some feature that ensures that it stays alive, independant of log-ins. I think that a lot of people would pay to have that option.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Premium account is a whole different service type a fully paid for service that stands completely separate from free hosting.

A premium account does not have any login requirements at all, you could pay for a year set the account up and forget about it until the next invoice arrives if you prefer (assuming you are not hit by any hackers or spammers that cause a problem).

Other advantages is priority support through a ticket system from the clients area and unlimited domains, emails, databases etc.

There's basically only two ways a premium account can be suspended:
1, not paying the bill
2, Doing something illegal on the account and not correcting this when asked to (only in very sever cases would a suspension go out without a support ticket being opened asking you to remove necessary contents).

argentlee

Prime Account
Reaction score
I think that I am beginning to understand. Thankyou for the clarification and also for restoring the site. I think that this thread can now be closed at the discretion of the "powers-that-be".

Status
Not open for further replies.