mySQL 5.0 has been released!

maddude

overall phsyco
Reaction score
finnaly there is now a more impressive and great version of mysql out and it looks to be great can one of the admins install it to x10hosting for us? :grin:

BrettFreeman

Reaction score
I believe this should go in Feedback and Suggestions. I'm sure they will, once it is proven to install correctly. But it looks like to me that 5.0.3 is still in beta, I do not think they will install a beta version of MySQL on the server.

maddude

overall phsyco
Reaction score
i see no reason not to betta versions of the worlds leading database software arn't gonna be rubbish they tie up the loose ends before they release it so they can get it betta tested and then made

Maurice

Reaction score
Better not do it, cause it's called BETA and isn't a stable release. Maybe it is not buggy, but can have security holes (If at all). And I don't see any scripts that require that version of MySQL, so the version the server has is fine.

Last edited:

Richard

Reaction score
Moved to Feedback and Suggestions
The MySQL Website said:
The Debug binaries have been compiled with extra debug information, and are not intended for production use, because the included debugging code may cause reduced performance.
Need I say more, the beta period could be several months long also after beta it goes through the release candidate cycle. Only after that is done will it be fit for use on a production server. Further more we do not wish to risk the security or the data of the sites we host.

Last edited: