MySQL Problems on Stoli? Follow this tutorial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Ive just got some webspace from my friend, at strato www.strato.nl
but it always says it cant connect to mysql, while the scripts are set to mysql.x10hosting.com, yes i have the database on it...

i just find it weird why it doesn't work :S

just checked that site and it's working fine

mysql is down... I wanted to install mysql I made from my machine ... How can I make it visible?

what script are you trying to install and would you mind giving me your URL to see on what server are you on?

hey i have try this and i have error on my forum look this
http://forums.pizzaweb.elementfx.com/index.php

your vBulletin is working fine

It's still offline for me. I changed in my "connect.php" file localhost to "mysql.x10hosting.com" and also i tried adding stoli.x10hosting.com to the new list of hosts, but it wouldn't even add it? It said it added, but when i go back, it doesn't update, adding stoli.x10hosting.com to the list of allowes hosts? Is it just still temporaraily down or am I doing something wrong.

Can you give me your URL?

This would have worked had it not been for the fact that the MySQL server must have been migrating while I was working as I have lost all my tables for MediaWiki, SMF, and ProjectPier. That'll teach me to make backups more often.

no problem with that.. it's just Corey is moving ALL the MySQL DB's to a Dedicated MySQL Server to reduce the server load on Stoli, Cossacks and Absolut. What Corey is doing will GREATLY reduce the loads on those servers;)

I want to install scripts for the first time but Fantastico isnt working cus of mysql. What should i do? I need to set up index guys!!!!

stop using !. I can help you if you tell me what script are you planning to install..

Last edited:

ArLinD

Reaction score
just checked that site and it's working fine

what script are you trying to install and would you mind giving me your URL to see on what server are you on?

your vBulletin is working fine

Can you give me your URL?

no problem with that.. it's just Corey is moving ALL the MySQL DB's to a Dedicated MySQL Server to reduce the server load on Stoli, Cossacks and Absolut. What Corey is doing will GREATLY reduce the loads on those servers;)

stop using !. I can help you if you tell me what script are you planning to install..

I want to install wordpress initialy then phpbb 3. Help me please

ArLinD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArLinD View Post
I want to install scripts for the first time but Fantastico isnt working cus of mysql. What should i do? I need to set up index guys!!!!

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArLinD View Post

do it the old fashioned way... download the scripts from their websites, edit some settings, upload it to your account and install...

I prefer to do it that way since Fantastico isn't updated much...

fenrath

Reaction score
Earlier today MYSQL took a dive (again)

after about an hour it was back up, but since then our site hasnt been working. The forums work fine, and not found any problems.

But we use a wiki on our front page, and that isnt working at all since Mysql was re-started. Yep, its set to the right address for mysql, and was prior to Mysql crashing, it was working fine too.

Now getting this error though:

PHP:
MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: exception 'DBQueryError' with message 'A database error has occurred
Query: SELECT value,exptime FROM `objectcache` WHERE keyname='t0rch_wiki:messages-hash'
Function: MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doquery
Error: 1033 Incorrect information in file: './t0rch_wiki/objectcache.frm' (mysql.x10hosting.com)
' in /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Database.php:824
Stack trace:
#0 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Database.php(779): Database->reportQueryError('Incorrect infor...', 1033, 'SELECT value,ex...', 'MediaWikiBagOSt...', false)
#1 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/BagOStuff.php(405): Database->query('SELECT value,ex...', 'MediaWikiBagOSt...')
#2 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/BagOStuff.php(300): MediaWikiBagOStuff->_doquery('SELECT value,ex...')
#3 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/BagOStuff.php(234): SqlBagOStuff->_query('SELECT value,ex...', 't0rch_wiki:mess...')
#4 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(205): SqlBagOStuff->get('t0rch_wiki:mess...')
#5 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(441): MessageCache->load()
#6 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(467): MessageCache->get('mainpage', true, true)
#7 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(421): wfMsgGetKey('mainpage', true, true, true)
#8 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(368): wfMsgReal('mainpage', Array, true, true)
#9 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Title.php(268): wfMsgForContent()
#10 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Wiki.php(92): Title::newMainPage('mainpage')
#11 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/index.php(58): MediaWiki->checkInitialQueries()
#12 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: exception 'DBUnexpectedError' with message 'Error in fetchObject(): Incorrect information in file: './t0rch_wiki/page.frm' (mysql.x10hosting.com)' in /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Database.php:953
Stack trace:
#0 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(314): Database->fetchObject(false)
#1 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(251): MessageCache->loadFromDB()
#2 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(441): MessageCache->load()
#3 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(467): MessageCache->get('databaseerror', true, false)
#4 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(421): wfMsgGetKey('databaseerror', true, false, true)
#5 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(23): wfMsgReal('databaseerror', Array)
#6 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Database.php(276): MWException->msg('databaseerror', 'Database error')
#7 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(125): DBQueryError->getPageTitle()
#8 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(88): MWException->htmlHeader()
#9 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(111): MWException->reportHTML()
#10 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(191): MWException->report()
#11 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(225): wfReportException()
#12 [internal function]: wfExceptionHandler(Object(DBQueryError))
#13 {main}

went into cpanel to run a check on the Db and get:

t0rch_wiki.hitcounter note : The storage engine for the table doesn't support check t0rch_wiki.searchindex OK

Any ideas?

mr kennedy

Reaction score
just a side note: If you are on other servers such as absolut or cossacks, instead of adding 'stoli.x10hosting.com' to the Remote MySQL servers, make it '%.x10hosting.com'.

Earlier today MYSQL took a dive (again)

after about an hour it was back up, but since then our site hasnt been working. The forums work fine, and not found any problems.

But we use a wiki on our front page, and that isnt working at all since Mysql was re-started. Yep, its set to the right address for mysql, and was prior to Mysql crashing, it was working fine too.

Now getting this error though:

PHP:
MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: exception 'DBQueryError' with message 'A database error has occurred
Query: SELECT value,exptime FROM `objectcache` WHERE keyname='t0rch_wiki:messages-hash'
Function: MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doquery
Error: 1033 Incorrect information in file: './t0rch_wiki/objectcache.frm' (mysql.x10hosting.com)
' in /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Database.php:824
Stack trace:
#0 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Database.php(779): Database->reportQueryError('Incorrect infor...', 1033, 'SELECT value,ex...', 'MediaWikiBagOSt...', false)
#1 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/BagOStuff.php(405): Database->query('SELECT value,ex...', 'MediaWikiBagOSt...')
#2 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/BagOStuff.php(300): MediaWikiBagOStuff->_doquery('SELECT value,ex...')
#3 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/BagOStuff.php(234): SqlBagOStuff->_query('SELECT value,ex...', 't0rch_wiki:mess...')
#4 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(205): SqlBagOStuff->get('t0rch_wiki:mess...')
#5 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(441): MessageCache->load()
#6 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(467): MessageCache->get('mainpage', true, true)
#7 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(421): wfMsgGetKey('mainpage', true, true, true)
#8 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(368): wfMsgReal('mainpage', Array, true, true)
#9 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Title.php(268): wfMsgForContent()
#10 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Wiki.php(92): Title::newMainPage('mainpage')
#11 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/index.php(58): MediaWiki->checkInitialQueries()
#12 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: exception 'DBUnexpectedError' with message 'Error in fetchObject(): Incorrect information in file: './t0rch_wiki/page.frm' (mysql.x10hosting.com)' in /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Database.php:953
Stack trace:
#0 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(314): Database->fetchObject(false)
#1 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(251): MessageCache->loadFromDB()
#2 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/MessageCache.php(441): MessageCache->load()
#3 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(467): MessageCache->get('databaseerror', true, false)
#4 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(421): wfMsgGetKey('databaseerror', true, false, true)
#5 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(23): wfMsgReal('databaseerror', Array)
#6 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Database.php(276): MWException->msg('databaseerror', 'Database error')
#7 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(125): DBQueryError->getPageTitle()
#8 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(88): MWException->htmlHeader()
#9 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(111): MWException->reportHTML()
#10 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(191): MWException->report()
#11 /backup/home/t0rch/public_html/includes/Exception.php(225): wfReportException()
#12 [internal function]: wfExceptionHandler(Object(DBQueryError))
#13 {main}
went into cpanel to run a check on the Db and get:

Any ideas?

don't use the word "crash" because the server doesn't crash.. what server are you on?

Last edited:

montauk

Reaction score
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'stoli.x10hosting.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/ehhs/public_html/gamedap.php on line 34
Problem connectingHost 'stoli.x10hosting.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

I get that error.

nat1192

Reaction score
Try it again, the server was being fixed.

Any advice for fixing mediawiki?
(See the error at http://macgyver.x10hosting.com/wiki/)
I changed the Local Settings.php file with the new host, but it does not seem to work.

I am on the Absolut server, but that should not make much of a difference.

Localsettings.php (censored and trimmed for relevence):
PHP:
<?php
if( defined( 'MW_INSTALL_PATH' ) ) {
$IP = MW_INSTALL_PATH;
} else {
$IP = dirname( __FILE__ );
}
$path = array( $IP, "$IP/includes", "$IP/languages" );
set_include_path( implode( PATH_SEPARATOR, $path ) . PATH_SEPARATOR . get_include_path() );
require_once( "$IP/includes/DefaultSettings.php" );
if ( $wgCommandLineMode ) {
if ( isset( $_SERVER ) && array_key_exists( 'REQUEST_METHOD', $_SERVER ) ) {
die( "This script must be run from the command line\n" );
}
}
$wgSitename = "Project Macgyver";
$wgScriptPath = "/wiki";
$wgScriptExtension = ".php";
$wgEnableEmail = true;
$wgEnableUserEmail = true;
$wgEmergencyContact = "nat1192@gmail.com";
$wgPasswordSender = "nat1192@gmail.com";
$wgEnotifUserTalk = true; # UPO
$wgEnotifWatchlist = true; # UPO
$wgEmailAuthentication = false;
$wgDBtype = "mysql";
$wgDBserver = "absolut.x10hosting.com"; #Should use mysql.x10hosting.com
$wgDBname = "nat1192_joom1";
$wgDBuser = "nat1192_***********";
$wgDBpassword = "**************";
$wgDBprefix = "wk_";
$wgDBTableOptions = "TYPE=InnoDB";
$wgDBmysql5 = false;
$wgDBport = "5432";
$wgDBmwschema = "mediawiki";
$wgDBts2schema = "public";
$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_NONE;
$wgMemCachedServers = array();
$wgEnableUploads = ture;
$wgUseImageMagick = true;
$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/usr/bin/convert";
$wgLocalInterwiki = $wgSitename;
$wgLanguageCode = "en";
$wgProxyKey = "********************************************"; #not sure if I should post this in the open
$wgDiff3 = "/usr/bin/diff3";
$configdate = gmdate( 'YmdHis', @filemtime( __FILE__ ) );
$wgCacheEpoch = max( $wgCacheEpoch, $configdate );

Error:
Can't contact the database server: Lost connection to MySQL server during query (absolut.x10hosting.com)

Edit: Got It! (I accidentally deleted the account that accessed the Database)

Tutorial to fix MediaWiki (as I assume it should work, it did for me):
Wiki.png

1. Login to your cPanel
2. Do mr kennedy's tutorial for MySql on his first post.
3. Go to your File manager
4. Go to your MediaWiki's Installation folder
5. find LocalSettings.php and edit it
6. replace localhost with mysql.x10hosting.com in the variable $wgDBserver
7. save

Edit: Also had to do this for dotProject

Tutorial for dotProject:
logo_large.png

1. Login to your cPanel
2. Do mr kennedy's tutorial for MySql on his first post.
3. Go to your File manager
4. Go to your dotProject's Installation folder, then navigate to the include sub-folder
5. find config.php and edit it
6. replace localhost with mysql.x10hosting.com in the variable:
PHP:
$dPconfig['dbhost'] = 'mysql.x10hosting.com'; #This was originally localhost
7. save

Last edited:

Galeon

Reaction score
Why is MySQL is always offline?
Edit:
Why is MySQL is always offline? And what is information_schema database? It is automatically installed in my databases.

Last edited:

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Why is MySQL is always offline?
Edit:
Why is MySQL is always offline? And what is information_schema database? It is automatically installed in my databases.

Corey has moved Absolut and Stoli's DB's to a Dedicated MySQL Server to reduce the loads on the said server

but well right now I'm kind of confused... x10's official Up\down services thread says that the dedicated MySQL server is up but according to my service checker, it is down... anyways, i'm going to recheck my code.

easyfreezone

Reaction score
my forum/site is working too but just the database keep disappearing my stuff . Like my threads/board/post all got disappear and another moment it appears again, my site down/up too.

ISo i requested for a copy of mysql which still waitting

mr kennedy

Reaction score
my forum/site is working too but just the database keep disappearing my stuff . Like my threads/board/post all got disappear and another moment it appears again, my site down/up too.

ISo i requested for a copy of mysql which still waitting

ok just post if you need help ;)

easyfreezone

Reaction score
ok just post if you need help ;)

Ok Thanks, well here is the thread that i need help in
http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/44267-database-old-one-need-switched.html

Also another help just now it says when i visit easyfreezone.com it says:

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at mysql.x10hosting.com. This could mean your host's database server is down.
  • Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host.

On my smf forum when i vsit easyfreezone.com/forum it says:
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

All my user/pass are correct , watch the site will show up again later , the db is connected to user/pass and correct too i also already changed the server to the mysql.x10hosting.com

is all these probems going to continue on and on lol for a pretty long time or something?

Sohail

Reaction score
This doesn't work for me... Is it because i have the Absolut package??

easyfreezone

Reaction score
Yeah but i think the mysql is fixed now ins't it? i saw it in the news in x10 acount manager , it says yesterday the mysql was moved to the new server sucusfully and add mysq.x10hosting.com and added %.x10hosting.com , all i need now is my old mysql copied so i can get my old stuff back.

Please send the copy to me
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.