Navigating to website homepage results in 429 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

softser3

Reaction score
When I visit my website, softserve.x10host.com, I see the following text against a blank white background:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Error 429 Rate limit exceeded. Please wait a few seconds and try your request again.
Rate limit exceeded. Please wait a few seconds and try your request again.

Guru Meditation:
XID: 10597695

Varnish cache server
--------------------------------------------------------------------
How might I fix this issue? Waiting a few seconds (and many hours) has not resolved the problem. The website was working fine about 24 hours ago.

softser3

Reaction score
My website is still down. Especially after having such a great experience with the x10 hosting service a year ago, this comes as an extreme disappointment.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It looks like both sites were manually blocked by a staff member, which is rare and usually only happens to sites being hit by an extremely high number of requests. I'm checking this with higher staff, and I'll update this thread shortly.

Thank you,

softser3

Reaction score
I appreciate your help. Please let me know if there's anything I can do on my end to help resolve the situation.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I have removed your most recent post as we do not allow the advertising of rival hosting services; your account was unable to be removed from the manual block placed on it due to the exceptionally high resource usage caused by the site that was disabled. If your new host is able to accept it and run it, that's great, unfortunately for us it was far beyond acceptable resource usage levels due to the dozens of hits per second, all causing it to run very intensive PHP scripts which were causing severe performance degradation for everyone else on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.