Nead help with SMF

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a question for all of you. How do you put ads on the original theam that SMF comes with? Another question that I have is how do I get the Arcade, Bank, Shop to show up on the other theams that I have? Also how do you add games to the arcade?

Last question: I have a problem with SMF this is the error that I get when I try to access my topics

Database Error
Table 'microtec_smf.smf2games_champ' doesn't exist
File: /home/microtec/public_html/forums/Sources/Display.php
Line: 600

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.3, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php

What do I have to do to fix that problem? I have the latest version of SMF and the latest version of the Arcade... What do I have to do?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I know to install the games you upload them to your games folder and they appear in the admin panel ....to install the shop (that comes with the bank) you download it through the admin panel in the package manager and install ... you might not have your ftp settings correct in the adminpanel iether ...instead of using "localHost" use your ip address that should get you going

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
bigguy said:
I know to install the games you upload them to your games folder and they appear in the admin panel ....to install the shop (that comes with the bank) you download it through the admin panel in the package manager and install ... you might not have your ftp settings correct in the adminpanel iether ...instead of using "localHost" use your ip address that should get you going
Ok thank you I fixed it! Thanks a lot!

nicholas

Reaction score
Though i like smf i havent been using it as frequently as IPB or phpbb so i dont really know as much.

But to answer your question how to get shop, arcade to show up on the other themes, you must install the theme first then install the hacks. So when you install the hacks through package manager it will automatically detect and add links to all themes. (If i am not wrong :shaun: :laughing: )

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You could be right ...I think you are actually. Personally I`m going to stick with the theme I have (default) for now untill I learn a bit more about smf ...but as far as I`m concerned theres more options and it easier to use than phpbb... but now I`m gettin opff topic

Goten X

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was posted, so I'll just ask here. You seemed to answer the question for the acade and shop stuff, but how do you get ads on your forum with SMF? I work with HTML and PHP includes, so I haven't a clue about PHP coding besides that. Does anybody know how to get the ads at the top of the forum? Thanks in advance.

|GX

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I know there is a mod that might do this to. I`m not sure if it only puts a box at the bottom of the page or not, but that would be the easy way. The other way I do believe is to find the right template file. Which I have not found yet. I did see something on it somewhere, just trying to find it now. I`ll look later, but there is away. try going here http://www.simplemachines.org they might have something for you.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You go into the file where your theme is, then find the index.template.php file and put the adcode in their at the very top. you can use <center></center> to center it
If you need more help, you can always contact me via aim, msn, or PM's

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Thats the file, thanks Tyler. I knew it was a template file, just wasnt sure which one, LOL

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
LoL, yes Im a pro with smf so if anyone has any questions about SMF, talk to me :) and no problem, Im glad to help

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
^^Tyler the defualt theam dose not have this option.... I just wanted to let you know... Also the other theams that you want to see arcade and all that you nead to do some coding for it. Also the mod that BigGuy is talkng about it ads an ad at the end of the page....SO that no use becasue you have to see them at the top...

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yes that mod is for the ads on bottom.It`s the only one I could find so far.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Thats the only one! They should make more mods than the ones that they have....

-MicroTechXP

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
In the admion control panel of smf there are a couple sites to download mods from but I think a couple of those links are broken. There might be another mod out there somewhere. I did run across a site the other day that was smf with ads on top, I`ll try to find it again.