Need assistance with FTP settings

gr8beads

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me where I've gone wrong? Can't seem to figure out the correct settings needed for my FTP upload:

FTP Host Name: is that "gr8beads.x10hosting.com" ?

Need HTTP address...not sure but possibly xo7.x10hosting.com

Can't seem to get this darned thing to work for me. I'm using port 21 and my user name and password with these pieces.

Thanks!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
To connect to FTP using FileZilla as a client - enter the host name which is ftp.yourdomain.x10.mx (replacing yourdomain.x10.mx with your domain) and the username and password is the same as your cPanel ones

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No, your domain is gr8beads.x10host.com (note that it ends x10host.com and not x10hosting.com).

Actually any domain that actually points to your server would work just the same, so if you use the main domain as it is or put ftp. at the beginning wouldnt really matter.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
and to add...
after you sign-in at [ https://x10hosting.com/sso/login ] and before you click on [ Open cPanel ]
click on [ Quick FTP ] (down and to the left) to 'see' the FTP connect information

gr8beads

Reaction score
OK...now I seem to be getting somewhere :) But it tells me the HTTP address does not point to the same location as the FTP settings. I used xo7.x10hosting.com with port 21. I really feel quite computer illiterate right now! Thank you for your help. Just to clarify, I am only using the FTP to upload my images that sit on my eBay listings as the one I was using with comcast shut down.