New User Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringabi

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm currently using X10 Hosting (free) and had a few simple compliance related questions hopefully somebody (authoritative) can resolve after reading through the forums:

1) Wooprapp wrote: "Unfortunately x10 only allows access to the registered IP Address. Accessing your account from another IP Address is strictly against the rules. Doing so will result in a permanent Account Suspension."

I'm possibly moving due to a new job in the next two months. Similarly, I took a 38 day trip to Alaska and may take another trip soon if the new job doesn't pull through. I also read users have to log in every 21 days for their accounts to remain active. Whether I use a free account or paid this seems like a very big issue for me. IF I move or take a vacation will I need to find a new web host?

2) Skizzerz wrote "All decisions made by support representatives on suspension appeals are final and cannot be reversed. Supply as much information as possible during your appeal to ensure a desired outcome."

My website has personal content, content in the public domain, and content in the public domain because it wasn't renewed within a 28 year period prior to 1978. If there is any confusion here will I receive a notice, e-mail or other challenge? Or will my website be taken down, free or paid, as guilty until proven innocent? And for one instance, if such an event occurs, will my entire account be tossed or will I be able to remove the page in question and continue happily in compliance in matters where there's unresolved doubt?

3) I have a second add-on domain that I use for e-mail. If any of the events in 1) or 2) occur will I lose access to my e-mail? Can I safely be assured that my e-mail won't be arbitrarily suspended on X10's servers without notice (me wondering days later why I haven't received e-mails from anyone only to discover for one reason or another my account is suspended or banned or something else and I cannot access or recover e-mails)?

kenny9

Reaction score
I am no person in authority, just a longtime user of x10 free and Premium.
In Item 1: You are required to sign in to the portal, not cpanel, every 30 days. You must sign in from the country where you join, not necessarily the IP. You can not use a proxy or VPN. If you miss the 30 day sign, you will be notified by e-mail and your account will have a 21 day grace period to renew your site. After the 30 day requirement + the 21 day grace period, a total of 51 days, your account, including all content is automatically deleted and can not be recovered. The e-mail you sign up with should not be placed on x10 to assure you receive any notice.
In Item 2: If you are suspended for some reason other than failure to sign in, you may file an appeal. Be sure you have good answers for the reasons for your suspension. Some actions will bring automatic suspension and will not be lifted; these are usually blatant violations of the TOS. The TOS is found under the 'Legal' tab at the bottom right of each page. Review and be sure you understand the TOS.
It is a good idea not to log in (different from visit) your web site from public WiFi. These sites are notorious for being linked to undesirable activities. You may also be blocked from school and work WiFi connections, dependent on their policies.
For Item 3, I can offer no advise, other than people seem to have problems with web mail programs offered in cpanel.

wooprapp

Reaction score
@bring
Greetings,

I'm currently using X10 Hosting (free) and had a few simple compliance related questions hopefully somebody (authoritative) can resolve after reading through the forums:

1) Wooprapp wrote: "Unfortunately x10 only allows access to the registered IP Address. Accessing your account from another IP Address is strictly against the rules. Doing so will result in a permanent Account Suspension."

I'm possibly moving due to a new job in the next two months. Similarly, I took a 38 day trip to Alaska and may take another trip soon if the new job doesn't pull through. I also read users have to log in every 21 days for their accounts to remain active. Whether I use a free account or paid this seems like a very big issue for me. IF I move or take a vacation will I need to find a new web host?

2) Skizzerz wrote "All decisions made by support representatives on suspension appeals are final and cannot be reversed. Supply as much information as possible during your appeal to ensure a desired outcome."

My website has personal content, content in the public domain, and content in the public domain because it wasn't renewed within a 28 year period prior to 1978. If there is any confusion here will I receive a notice, e-mail or other challenge? Or will my website be taken down, free or paid, as guilty until proven innocent? And for one instance, if such an event occurs, will my entire account be tossed or will I be able to remove the page in question and continue happily in compliance in matters where there's unresolved doubt?

3) I have a second add-on domain that I use for e-mail. If any of the events in 1) or 2) occur will I lose access to my e-mail? Can I safely be assured that my e-mail won't be arbitrarily suspended on X10's servers without notice (me wondering days later why I haven't received e-mails from anyone only to discover for one reason or another my account is suspended or banned or something else and I cannot access or recover e-mails)?
As mentioned in the post you're talking about the administrator @John Yancey helped make a few things clear. The rules are as stated and if you still have no idea what's going on you should relate to the company's legal section for further details.

bringabi

Reaction score
Thank you for your response Kenny9. I don't spend a lot of time on forums Wooprapp.

Last edited:

wooprapp

Reaction score
Thank you for your response Kenny9. I don't spend a lot of time on forums Wooprapp.
Okay @bringabi, without a huge reply: what is your problem now?

The administration isn't fully active because they help the Premium users. Because, most of the issues we face are usually set to our own limitations.

lylex10h

Reaction score
My guess is that if your account is suspended, all the services (ftp, http, imap, pop and smtp) are suspended and you are not going to receive email. My guess is based on the appeal part (to prevent you from changing files; emails are files).

x10hosting is a great WEBSITE hosting provider for the price. Do to file size limitations (which are completely rational for a FREE website hosting provider) and if email is critical, you may want to consider x10 Premium Web Hosting. Files > 10 MB are automatically deleted after some time on x10hosting. This limits attachments to about 7 MB do to overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.