New VPS Service!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello x10!

We are proud to announce we will now be offering VPS solutions for a very low price. Since this is a new service we will be limiting the amount of sign-ups. All VPS offerings are UNMANAGED. This means we set the VPS up and you are on your own with it, we will only support hardware issues.

Here is the link for more details and to place your order:
https://clients.x10hosting.com/order.php?gid=6

Once we go live with the new site we will provide some more detailed information but we decided to start offering them now to our community.

Feel free to ask questions here :).

-Corey

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh wow a year after I needed them.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Wicked. Glad to see we're offering this now; great idea. Seriously, we've got to be the cheapest VPS provider ever =P

-Luke.

LHVWB

Reaction score
I don't now that I will use this service, not until my sites finished at least, but the VPS's look very nice. Congradulations to corey and brandon for getting this service up and running! :)

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
So many options :S which one should I choose haha...

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Yay. x10Hosting is expanding. I'm glad to see we are offering these.

I don't think I'll be buying one, they are not really what I need. However I'm sure lots of people will want to upgrade.

lambada

Reaction score
Woooo

Is there any minimum term contract? Or can you get out of the contract at any time?

scorch94

Reaction score
I define VPS like a half-dedicated server :)
These are cheapest VPS I've ever seen :O
But wait, if they are unmanaged, what can we do when it comes to some failure? :p

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If it's a hardware failure, we will provide support, we just don't offer support with what goes on the VPS etc, like software.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, this is cool, so this is almost like selling a dedicated server. Yet another good move for x10 to make them the best host.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a Virtual Private Server. It's like your own dedicated server, except that it's your own space of a shared server. For example, you get a fixed amount of resources, bandwidth and CPU/RAM dedicated towards your account, even if there are other users on your server, so it's a lot quicker than traditional shared hosting, but no one can screw up your hosting, unless the server goes down completely.

Wikipedia has more info on it.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe this is a big step for x10!
Although I will not be upgrading, I am sure many people will want to.
Keep up the good work guys! :biggrin:

Nathan H

Reaction score
even though i have no direct need for it the temptation to get it just because it is this good is tempting. Seriously i cannot find cheaper. this is fantastic. just wondering though. if we gtet this do we still keep cPanel for OUR account or not? basically is the canel for those that are hosting themselves or what?

Also for those that keep posting even without reading
a VPS is basically like having your own server. x10pays the electricity bill and you rent the server. You aare guarenteed certain things like memory/space and you can do what you want with it. including install your own programs. so if you want something thats not available normally you could put it on yourself.

Last edited:

javajenius

Reaction score
No you dont keep your cpanel. There is no way that you can run cpanel with the first or second plan, since cpanel requires at least 256mb(correct me if im wrong). You will probably have to configure the server yourself using ssh, which x10 will probably provide. And if you do want cpanel, i think you need to buy a license to install it. So thats a NO for cPanel.

Seriously i cannot find cheaper.
I have seen cheaper, but i will not post a link to a competitors site because that would be rude. (Go x10 ;))

Nathan H

Reaction score
Its a shame we cannot have multiple hosting accounts, i would keepp my current one and get this as a second one. J/W what does it mean by bursatble ram? it this what it can achieve for a short periods if its needed.
Final question even though its unmanaged if there is a critical OS eror can it be reset?

Last edited: