New Website http://ke5puc.com

wild bill

Reaction score
Hello Everyone --

My name is Bill and I'm a Ham Radio operator. I just put up my website here on x10hosting. This site is based on ham radio but has lots of other links to different audio and video entertainment. All audio video streams are not hosted on the x10hosting network or servers. These feeds come from a outside source like Hulu and YouTube so it doesn't use any bandwidth on the x10hosting network.

I have some very interesting documentarys on the 2012 DOOMSDAY wigout. AAAGGGHHHH!!! ;-) and other funny videos and classic TV shows from hulu. I have a page with a list of all the websites where I get the html code from to enbed into my site so you can also visit these links and get your own html code for your site. All video feeds or free for the general public and have no adult ratings.

Anyway come stop by and visit. lemme know what you think.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

WebSite Address: http://ke5puc.com

Technician Class - Active since 07/31/2007

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
Hey Wild Billl,

First things first, I think that the website is clean and laid out in a nice enough fashion.

One of the things that I would consider changing is the background of the website. I am not a big fan of it.

Another thing that I am not really a fan of is drop down lists. I would prefer to see a nice little menu with different categories for each different section.

Other than that, I can't seen any problems with the website!

Good Luck!

wild bill

Reaction score
Hello Zenax --

Thank you for poping in and taking a looksee with feedback about my homepage. I was trying something new so I figured out how to create a drop down menu and changed the index format completely. It started out looking like my ledzepp page many years ago. I'm not a html wiz by far but I know the basics. I first started my personal site as a led zeppelin website and was using the links that you like. It kinda evolved into a ham radio site a couple of years ago and the links started growing so I was trying to clean up the site so it wasn't full of a bunch of links. Couldn't think of a better way.

What I can do is make a alternate index page using the link format your talking about so others with the same taste can enjoy an alt index format good idea, Zenax! :cool:

My favorite colors are red and blue so thats why I have that back ground. Thanks for the idea about the links tho. l willl start on the alt index page soon and will be adding and updating the video flicks as well. again thank for taking time to give feedback.

Hey Wild Billl,

First things first, I think that the website is clean and laid out in a nice enough fashion.

One of the things that I would consider changing is the background of the website. I am not a big fan of it.

Another thing that I am not really a fan of is drop down lists. I would prefer to see a nice little menu with different categories for each different section.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

playminigames

Reaction score
its simple, like zenax said i dont like the drop down menu, and the background, it just doesnt fit. Also why do you put the weather on the website, you can just go to a different website quick and there it is, there really is no point.

wild bill

Reaction score
Hey, Zenax --

I changed the background and text color on http://ke5puc.com

Do you think thats easyer on the eyes?..

Hey Wild Billl,

Good Luck!
Edit:
Ok I think I got the text font and color right for the new background. I just had to make the text bold so it is easyer to read.

Last edited:

playminigames

Reaction score
yes it is easier on the eyes, but i think the best color schemes are where you have a background, then for the main content you have it all in one white one, and then the other contents separated into different areas with different colors, but its better

wild bill

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the feedback. I agree I think this background is better. Will check into the other formats you speak of and look into making some more changes.

Do you know any website off hand that has this layout?

Last edited:

estevao

Reaction score
Hi wild bill,

First, congratz on your website. I think it's very thoughtful of you to point to other websites to spare x10hosting resources.

If you don't mind, there are some suggestions I would like to give.

Instead of pointing to your other websites, why not "wrap" them in your website? this way you still save x10hosting resources but the pages appear to be only at one place.You can use iframes to that purpose, for instance.

It was already discussed, but changing the drop down menu to something else, like a top menu, or a lateral menu (you have lots of space in your site!). You can organize them in categories too: radios, funny, weather, etc etc etc...

I'm not sure if you changed your background already, but it still stand out too much (more than the text, which is more important, I think!). Why not use watermark BG? Or have it increased transparency?
Something like this --> http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/234/redweed.jpg

good luck with your site

best regards

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi wild bill,

I took a look, and I like your site. The interface is simple, but as previously mentioned, I do not like the drop down menu or background. Maybe pick an image that isn't a continuous pattern like the leaves, and just go for a single image stretched accross the page.

Another little thing-there are a couple of spelling errors in the homepage paragraph-you may want to take a look.

I like the weather widget, it's a nice touch.

Hope this helps :)

wild bill

Reaction score
ke5puc.com - Ham Radio & General Public Video/Audio Entertainment Site.

Yeah it seems everyone has the same thoughts..

I'll try to find a different background that doesn't have such a deep color. It is hard to get the right text color with some of these backgrounds.

The drop down menu I will have to think on how I can redo the menu. I'm just going to create another index file and work on it untill I can get it ready and then replace it with the active index file.

I'm so so with html so Im gona have to go searching websites and get some new html code examples. I've been adding more TV shows to the drop down menu today so it is getting bigger.

Do you know of any sites out there that might have some examples of other types link menus?

http://ke5puc.com

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I used to use a piece of software called Sothink free DHTML menu builder.

It's easy to use, and gives you the plain text html code at the end of it, in a published file with all the images etc. you need.

It's free (make sure you download the free version) and comes with a selection of templates.

I once made a menu with it that looked exactly like the windows XP start menu, with the vista windows icon instead of the XP.

Give it a go. PM me if you need any help.

Here's the link to Sothink....

http://www.dhtml-menu-builder.com/

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, thats much better. Not as busy, and much easier on the eyes, diverting attention to the actual page content. Good job!

wild bill

Reaction score
Thanks Guys.. It took a while to find the right one. I almost was fixen to quit and stop looking for a while this evening and I saw the background Im using now. I said hey. That might work. :)

Thank you everybody for helping me.

--Bill

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks really old fashioned. You should probably look into CSS.

shadowkitty

Reaction score
I would change the background. Other than that, it looks clean and straight to the point.

Zenax

Reaction score
Hello again,

Ok so a slight change to the website. Perhaps as mentioned .. (I think) ... in an earlier post that you should just go to a plain white background for the content.

This way you got a nice background and then the content is made to stand out on this background.

As for iFrames that were mentioned earlier, I am not a big fan unless they are used in the right way and context. For displaying full pages of content they are not so useful as this creates scroll bars that just makes the content less accessible.

good luck...