Newer PHP versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

reecehai

Reaction score
Is there any info on when the newer PHP versions 7.2 / 7.3 will be available?

Currently the highest I can see on x07 is php 7.1

lylex10h

Reaction score
I think I have seen 7.2 on xo2 or xo3 so hopefully we (xo7) get it sometime, but I'll take 7.1 over 5.6 any day.

reecehai

Reaction score
I think I have seen 7.2 on xo2 or xo3 so hopefully we (xo7) get it sometime, but I'll take 7.1 over 5.6 any day.
Yeah I see they still have 5.4 and 5.5... Can’t wait for 7.2 support tbh.

dixietra

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been seeing some security warning messages from Wordpress, that's indicating the Php version being used is significantly out of date....any plans to ensure this is updated from 5.x to 7.x version?

reecehai

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been seeing some security warning messages from Wordpress, that's indicating the Php version being used is significantly out of date....any plans to ensure this is updated from 5.x to 7.x version?

You can change your site yourself to the current max supported php 7.1, It's in your cpanel > Select PHP version.

dixietra

Reaction score
You can change your site yourself to the current max supported php 7.1, It's in your cpanel > Select PHP version.
Thank you so much for this pointer, I changed the control panel option and have found this. Brilliant!!

eltorosp

Reaction score
I am not on premium, just the basic when signing up. am I unable to update my PHP? if so I do not know where on the basic page I am able to do this from.

UPDATE - I figured it out. Thanks

cofcloga

Reaction score
I also use basic- where do I find the cpanel select php version option? I've looked at the blog and not seeing the path to get to the link I need to use.

cofcloga

Reaction score
Found it, on the first screen after logging in, I needed to switch themes to be able to view the cpanel selections needed. Sharing for others that may run into this.

photoguy

Reaction score
Thanks cofcloga.
To elaborate: Login and go to your cPanel.
At the top, SWITCH THEMES to cPanel x3 (if you don't already have that as your default)
Scroll down the page approximately EIGHT sections to the Software and Services area
Click the icon with the PHP logo marked Select PHP Version.
The current PHP version is indicated near the TOP of the formatted section
You can alter the VERSION by using the DROP DOWN MENU and then clicking the "Set as current" button next to the drop down.
This will SAVE the newly SELECTED version.
There is a SAVE button at the lower left corner, but it seems to be designated to specific modifications to different versions.
Of course, if you make no changes, hitting SAVE will not hurt, right?
I then logged out (upper right) and came back in to confirm the changes were in affect.
You can then return to the x10Hosting Basic theme through the SWITCH THEMES again.

sytnexx1

Reaction score
Hi i somehow deleted all my files from File Manager in Cpanel. i installed wordpress again and now the site says PHP missing SQL database. can someone help me reset my account or fix this for me. i changed PHP version to 7.0 and 7.1 and it still didnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.