Nginx webserver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandifamily

Reaction score
I have noticed an interesting stuff with Chopin server. Yesterday, when I tried to upload a picture to my social networking script installed at www.facultyfring.cz.cc, I got the following error.

Request entity too large.
NGINX 0.9.x.x (and so on....)

I got the message that the file was too large. But I was surprised to see that the webserver was nginx. Well, x10 runs apache. Is it something to do with load balancing or am I in a man in the middle attack?

I felt it was necessary to report this to prevent any untoward incidents.

THANKS.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
x10 uses a load-balancer for free servers now, so no man in the middle attack.

dlukin

Reaction score
The front end reverse proxy they are using for load balancing is nginx . It is also the reason why IP logging scripts have to be adjusted.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Oh yes, the file was 2 MB in size. Well, what is the maximum size limit for uploading files? Before the upgrade, I did not face this problem with the same file.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
There were a couple other 413 Request entity too large errors. The maximum file size may have been reduced to help prevent abuse on individual sites.

nandifamily

Reaction score
So, what is the maximum upload file size limit right now? Its causing great trouble as certain plugins and photos can only be properly uploaded by the web based installer.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
That I don't know, but it is something that either Corey or Bryon could answer. Also as for the IP logging, there is no need to re-adjust it, the servers now report the user IP in the REMOTE_HOST variable.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
So, what is the maximum upload file size limit right now? Its causing great trouble as certain plugins and photos can only be properly uploaded by the web based installer.
FTP is probably the best alternative you can use to upload files to your web-space; it is both fast and the Apache/PHP limitations obviously also do not apply there.

nandifamily

Reaction score
No guys, thats not the case. Some scripts like website baker have plugins in .zip format which is properly unzipped and installed by the web based form. If you do it via FTP or cPanel, it becomes pretty difficult to install. Website baker isn't Wordpress you see.

I also run a small social networking with my school friends using ELGG script. In this case, do you expect every user to get FTP access just to upload avatars and pics? Plus this error makes my friends go nuts.

Lets hope that Corey or any management guy reads this thread and makes effective changes.

And what is the upload limit?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I have raised this to 16M, can you test?

nandifamily

Reaction score
Ok let me test... I will notify you.

Update: Yes, its working now. Thanks! I have successfully done the upload.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.