No Audio

hhs1960u

Reaction score
Have successfully published a webpage, http://hhs1960us.x10.mx/ , but there should be audio included but none is coming across when I link to this web address. Anyone have any ideas. Is this a problem with the free hosting site? Everything worked when I had it on GoDaddy.com. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, did you use anything to build the site or did you code the website yourself? There may be something wrong with the code.

ace_case

Reaction score
Just so you know, the method of playing the audio you are using only works with Internet Explorer, as it is a nonstandard element. I recommend trying this in place of the <bgsound> element.
HTML:
<audio src="/The%20Way%20We%20Were.wav" autoplay>   
    <embed
    src="/The%20Way%20We%20Were.wav"
    width="180"
    height="90"
    loop="false"
    autostart="false" />
</audio>

And here is the W3.org link to the <bgsound> element you were using. http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Elements/bgsound

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
As it says in the link that ace_case posted; background music may annoy the users on your site. So, I suggest you add a play and stop button at the top of your website, don't have 'autoplay' on.

hhs1960u

Reaction score
Just so you know, the method of playing the audio you are using only works with Internet Explorer, as it is a nonstandard element. I recommend trying this in place of the <bgsound> element.
HTML:
    <embed
    width="180"
    height="90"
    loop="false"
    autostart="false" />
</audio>

And here is the W3.org link to the <bgsound> element you were using. http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Elements/bgsound

Are you saying that the above code might work in place of the bgsound element? I am not an experienced web page programmer so I have to wade through it. I will have to try to get into the source code and edit/replace the code I guess. When I add music files, I go into frontpage help and it guides me through the process of adding music files which is very easy. I hadn't really checked to see if this method only worked with IE. Makes sense since frontpage is a microsoft product.

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Yes, replace the bgsound element with that code. So, from <bgsound> to </bgsound>, replace it with the
Code:
    <embed
    width="180"
    height="90"
    loop="false"
    autostart="false" />
</audio>

hhs1960u

Reaction score
Yes, replace the bgsound element with that code. So, from <bgsound> to </bgsound>, replace it with the
Code:
    <embed
    width="180"
    height="90"
    loop="false"
    autostart="false" />
</audio>

Thanks. I did that and no luck. For some reason this laptop (Vista Home Premium, IE version 9) when linked to this web page has no sound but on other websites like utube there is sound. When i link to this page with my desktops (vista, ie 9 and winxp, ie version 8) I get sound. Must be ie on this laptop. I'm going to reload ie9 on this laptop. Thanks for your suggestions and help.

ace_case

Reaction score
Play a .wav file might be the issue, do you have a .mp3 you could use? (Not entirely sure about that, but when I tried it in FireFox it asked me to install a plugin to play it)

(Also, on YouTube, the sound is put on there differently. They use a custom flash (or html5) player, to play the file they have instead of using the browsers built in player.)

hhs1960u

Reaction score
Play a .wav file might be the issue, do you have a .mp3 you could use? (Not entirely sure about that, but when I tried it in FireFox it asked me to install a plugin to play it)

(Also, on YouTube, the sound is put on there differently. They use a custom flash (or html5) player, to play the file they have instead of using the browsers built in player.)

Nope. The issue is IE on my laptp because all the audio files play on my desktops. I have already replaced all of the wavs with mid files and they still don't play on this laptop. I'll fix it when I get time. Thanks anyway.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Moved to the Programming forum, as the question is not related to our hosting services themselves.

hhs1960u

Reaction score
Moved to the Programming forum, as the question is not related to our hosting services themselves.

No longer have the question. Not a programming problem anyway. If I could delete this whole question I would. Thanks.