Not Acceptable Error - Vbulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedo41

Reaction score
5drCsb3.png

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...d-not-acceptable-errors?p=2712698#post2712698

I tried editing my .htaccess, but that doesn't work.
So I believe it's possible only from the host.

Can you please allow me permission?
I need permission to basically edit some of the templates within vbulletin.

Note: If your server is running mod_security2 then this cannot be overridden by .htaccess. However by adding this line to the modsec2 whitelist configuration will likely fix any problems related to the Admin CP:

SecRule REQUEST_URI "/admincp" phase:1,nolog,allow,ctl:ruleEngine=Off

You may need to change "/admincp" to the appropriate directory location of your admincp or modcp directories. Also you will have to have root access to the sever to do this. If you do not have root access, then ask your host to do this for you.

Last edited:

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
I would imagine that the Admins will want to be sure that this is a legit, licensed vB for your site, and not a nulled or unlicensed copy, which would be a major violation of the TOS.

caftpx10

Reaction score
In addition to what Angus said, we can't really help unless it's found to be legit. If we just help and it's an illegal copy then it would be like helping someone set up an illegal copy of forum software, which is a big no-no.

freedo41

Reaction score
I would imagine that the Admins will want to be sure that this is a legit, licensed vB for your site, and not a nulled or unlicensed copy, which would be a major violation of the TOS.
In addition to what Angus said, we can't really help unless it's found to be legit. If we just help and it's an illegal copy then it would be like helping someone set up an illegal copy of forum software, which is a big no-no.
Oh don't worry.
My license is genuine :)
Staff can confirm with vbulletin.

I hope there is a solution to this though which can be applied quickly :)

Edit:
mNTwoFi.png

In short, with the free plan you should not use vBulletin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.