Not receiving email from Contact form - Site Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

biokeyx1

Reaction score
I´m trying to create a site using the Builder, I created a Contact form and after setting up the email address I´m not receiving any emails.
Is there anything else I need to configure besides the Properties of the auto generated form?

Thanks.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Is there anything else I need to configure besides the Properties of the auto generated form?
The only setup to use the PHP mail() function is to have a valid Email address in your x10hosting's free-hosting account

external [ SMTP ] is blocked on x10hosting's free-hosting servers - all Email must go out through outbound spam filters on 10hosting's SMTP server - to be scanned for spam and phishing and other test - messages with no body content - and HTML-only mail (mail with no plain text part) - and messages with no subject - and messages that just say "Testing" (or like that) - and anything else that looks "spammy" (as far as the outbound mail filters are concerned) will be silently discarded - or sometimes the transfer to the SMTP server fails - you will not receive any notice when it fails

spoofing the [ From ] header is not allowed - Emails with the [ From ] header not set with a working Email address that exists and is actually part of your x10hosting's free-hosting account will be silently discarded - you will not receive any notice when it fails

you can not set the [ From ] header to a user's email address or to your own external email address - if you need to easily reply to the emails - then set the [ Reply-To ] header (which can be different from the [ From ] header)

unitedto

Reaction score
I was also having issues with this, but you have to publish the page and then fill out the email form for it to work. It wont work in the preview area. Just in case this was what you were doing..

Status
Not open for further replies.