[OFFICIAL] PlayStation 3 + Oppinions

WinGate

Reaction score
I think that with the PS3 Sony may be heading towards a real mistake. They have already admitted it is going to be expensive but I actually read somewhere that when asked about its price being prohibitive for kids and families, they stated that they didn't really care if those markets couldn't afford it. I have the money for a PS3 in spades and I am not a kid but videogames should be made accessible to all ages not just targeted at loser adults like myself!! Not only that but I think it is a real mistake to ignore the younger market as well as that of families because most really truly hardcore adult gamers are apt to just play PC games anyways!!

Well, it's soon on its way.
Question:
Will you be getting the console that will could possibly flush down the Xbox 360?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Erm, PS3 hasn't and I don't think it ever will defeat the Xbox 360; I'll never buy a PS3 because it's just too expensive (that, and there are no good games other than Killzone 2). Halo 3 has already sold a million pre-orders, and with the new 3 year warranty I see Xbox retaining the lead.

knutico

Reaction score
Well prices of PS3 have come down in my country by more than 50%, I think Im gonna wait like 3 more months and get one with a low price

Hosting4Life

Reaction score
I personally camped 25 hours in front of the ToysRus' store to pre-order my PS3 on launch last year and I didn't regret it. I think that buying a PS3 is like an investment and it is still too early to judge whether or not if the console is good. In the past 9 months owning a PS3, I have been having a LOT of fun with it and that's what I think matters. Please don't get me wrong, 360 and the PS3 are both great system but I don't think Microsoft did a good job on the 360 in terms of the console quality. I didn't consider in buying the 360 since it has some major problems with it such as the console over-heating issues, ring of death, etc. (I turn on my PS3 for 1 whole week non-stop with no problem whatsoever.) A PS3 also enables me to watch a movie in the highest quality format, Blu-ray. I am so excited upcoming PS3 releases such as Warhawk, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Little Big Planet, Haze, MGS4, etc. The 360 maybe a good system but I think PS3 is better.

Goran

Reaction score
One GPU like geforce 8800 cost like one ps3 and you don't even get all thing! HDD,DVD,PROCESOR and other thing that i nead to buy will cost alot and on ps3 i get all in one for 500$ that is nothing compare to pc!
Aloso look this game Gametrailers.com - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, E3 2007 Trailer i think to run this on pc you nead a nice machine costing more then a 500 $

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I'm not a hard-core gamer. In fact, I really don't know of many of the games that are out there.
Most games I stick with are the mind-challenging ones ( Urbs, Sims ) or something that just keeps my interest. ( NFS, etc )

Although I do like a good violence game, I seem to stay away from them ... which is probably why I still have a Gamecube and not some fancy system. ( Plus, being utterly broke makes that decision too )

Hosting4Life

Reaction score
One GPU like geforce 8800 cost like one ps3 and you don't even get all thing! HDD,DVD,PROCESOR and other thing that i nead to buy will cost alot and on ps3 i get all in one for 500$ that is nothing compare to pc!
Aloso look this game Gametrailers.com - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, E3 2007 Trailer i think to run this on pc you nead a nice machine costing more then a 500 $

Well said. PS3 is a very great deal considering what you get and not to mention Blu-ray. ;)

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Well said. PS3 is a very great deal considering what you get and not to mention Blu-ray. ;)

Ah yes now the topic leads to Blu-ray vs. HD DVD; yes I do agree that in terms of the hardware you're getting the PS3 is a great deal (Sony's losing tons of money per PS3, compared to Microsoft's losses with the 360), but regardless of bang-for-buck, it is still a ton of money. Not to mention that you have yet to buy games, etc.

If Blu-ray wins the new age DVD war, then the PS3 would become quite useful; but if HD DVD wins (360's new drive is expected to be HD DVD, along with their new 65nm processor), the PS3 would be as obsolete as the Sega Dreamcast.

PS: There are way too many similarities between Halo and Haze.. doubt it'll get anywhere near the sales of the Halo series

Last edited: