On going transfer and updates

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're still working on transferring accounts to another server. This is causing the downtime\slowness you all are seeing. We are having issues with what is supposed to be an automated process. Hopefully it will all be done soon.

With the transfer to the new server and all, you'll also be seeing the points rewards re-introduced soon along with being able to get info about your hosting much easier. We're also incorporating some other suggestions made by members. No ETA yet, but soon ;). Please remember x10 is staffed by all volunteers and none of us make money, not even me. All proceeds from paid hosting and ads go straight back into x10.

-Corey

__z|x__

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. Hope to see everything go successfully.

Regards

Arucard98

Reaction score
Thank you for letting us know what's up Corey.

I really appreciate you guys and what you do, your staff is excellent!

Word of mouth is your best friend :)

lambada

Reaction score
lol Automated processes.... Never trust them. As I like saying "If you can't do it yourself then it mustn't need doing".

Sure Manual may take longer, but atleast you know that you're doing it right.

Anyway, thanks for the update. All those stupid threads in free posting, can't people just read the news for once?

pchelpworld

Reaction score
So, what are these extra features being incorperated? and what is the points system?

Maddocks

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
*Ongoing

thanks for the update corey!
will this server transition save some money (monthly-wise)?

Last edited:

__z|x__

Reaction score
I just checked the server status in the cPanel and it shows that most of the stuff is working. Only httpd is left. So it looks like we are going to have things working pretty soon. (Atleast I hope so :D)

Just can't wait!!!

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Transfer is only 22% done. :) It's going to be a while. All we can pretty much do is wait it out.

Last edited:

Arucard98

Reaction score
I think it is...none of my DB's are working and it says:

MySQL Databases / 5

I know this is because of the transfer, as long as my db's come back it's all gravy ;-)

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Arucard98 said:
I think it is...none of my DB's are working and it says:

I know this is because of the transfer, as long as my db's come back it's all gravy ;-)
Oh i'm sure they will be back no worries, Just don't try and create new ones of deleted the old ones :)

Arucard98

Reaction score
:p Nah, if I've learned anything about computers and stuff, it's: If it's broken DON'T TOUCH IT ;-)

pchelpworld

Reaction score
Oh, so they are quite far apart, what is the total size of the partition? well the size of all the sites on the older server?

Maddocks

__z|x__

Reaction score
Just a quick q, will we have to wait till 100% of the transfer is over or will some sites start working before 100% of the transfer is over?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
It's at 25% now.. This is going to take, (I'm estimating.. ), a few more days to fully complete. :-(

Album

Reaction score
In my time of being on X10, they can sometimes come across these downtimes but usually get them fixed in just about no time :] Corey and the admins are really good at this. So thanks guys for all your help!