On going transfer and updates

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
If its still in the d's then i have a way to go (zinetech) lol, wuts the percent and is the current ftp outage a cause of this?

Conor

Reaction score
Its about 50%, (dont have an exact number). Give it a few more days. Remember, this transfer will improve your site performance so you should want this.

FallenSage

Reaction score
Wow you guys host alot of people if this transfer is only half done. Your :nuts: hosting that many free people. :lol:

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
FallenSage said:
Wow you guys host alot of people if this transfer is only half done. Your :nuts: hosting that many free people. :lol:
almost 1000 if not more.. just on the free server.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
All are free and on 70.86.137.178. (Free hosting server)

Paid accounts are on another server, not sure how many there are now..

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
As of right now, 635 out of the 1400+ accounts have been transfered, less then half. :'(

DrVonKatze

Reaction score
I have a mailinglist setup with PHPList, and my readers aren't able to subscribe anymore. I log into PHPlist and I get ...

• Warning: open_basedir restrictions are in effect.

• Warning: The attachment repository /home/rantx10h/public_html/phplist/attachments is not accessible for writing.

... errors. My question is, does this have to do with the whole server moving thing or is it something different? As of now, I don't have any other problems.

Chris Z

Reaction score
well as of what bryon said, that's about 45%, so we're not even half way there, like he said lol

^whoops i messed up, i first put 25% but i did the math backwards^

Last edited:

dmath1n

Reaction score
guys please let byron be I mean it is free site so just wait and stop bombarding him now, he has answered all questions now we wait!!!

TarinC

Reaction score
i think it goes in alphabetical order for username and not subdomain, because the folder name on the server for ur account is the username.

• Warning: open_basedir restrictions are in effect.

• Warning: The attachment repository /home/rantx10h/public_html/phplist/attachments is not accessible for writing.

These problems are most likely caused by the server moving.

How much % has complete now?

There is no point of asking them 100 times. I know your curious but still.

pchelpworld

Reaction score
yer, but i am asking them like every 12-24 hours though, i would just like to keep my forum online as much as possible especially as the Dmoz editors could not view it yesterday so it never got included or actually viewed.

Maddocks

__z|x__

Reaction score
yeah, getting into DMOZ takes really long. Once you loose your chance, you never know when they'll chekc it again.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not using the mass transfer anymore as it keeps messing up. I'm doing it manually and am not going in any particular order so I can't give any type of percentage now. It's going to be totally random as to when your account is copied.

-Corey

Chris Z

Reaction score
alright corey, thanks for the update and sorry for us bothering you so much!
you're doing a great job though!

pchelpworld

Reaction score
Are you allowed to update some sites first? like a kind gesture? so, what happened with the mass transfer then?