One Time Mailing Thoughts

Would you be okay with a one time mailing to sponsor some contests?

• Yes, I'm okay with receiving mail a single time to sponsor some forum contests.

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • No, I'd rather not receive any extra email. (No contests)

Votes: 23 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

A few weeks ago we did a mailing on behalf of "LogMeIn", this was mainly to help defray the costs of our data center move and is something we wouldn't normally consider. (Don't worry we would never sell your information, the mailing was sent out from our servers under our authority.)

We've been approached by one of our advertising companies to do another one time mailing like the LogMeIn mail. I previously said the LogMeIn would be the only one we would do but decided to leave this up to the community. This time I would take $300 from the mailing and put it toward some type of contest for the x10 community, whether it be domain names or straight out cash paid via Paypal.

So, I've attached a poll to this thread. Would you mind getting a one time mailing similar to the last and having some contests on the forums from it? Or would you rather not do it and I can just gracefully decline the offer. Let me know!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
They want the mailing for the 21st so we'll have to keep this poll kind of short.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Only if the service is actually useful, like LogMeIn.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
If it helps X10 then I think it's fine. I can always just ignore the email if the topic doesn't interest me.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
My only concern is trying to make it look non-spammy enough to keep it out of gmail's spam filter - the newsletters never had issues for me until the LogMeIn email and now it seems the last newsletter after that went into spam too.

Other than that go nuts; as long as it's from your servers and previously authorized by you, I couldn't care less.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Fine with me. I'll make sure it makes it through to my inbox to check it out.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind these emails at all especially since they would help x10.

However, the LogMeIn email did end up automatically going to my spam folder in Gmail along with all the other emails I get from newsletters.x10hosting.com (false positive).

Last edited:

gihanchanaka

Reaction score
x10 hosting gives us a very good hosting service. there are no ads on our sites. so its okay to send us mail with ads.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind this at all, but it would be nice if the mail somehow stated that it was sent through us (other then in the sender address field)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If they are non spammy and useful services like LogMeIn. (I used their service before, they are good.) I wouldn't mind to get mail.

Last edited:

bovril

Reaction score
I have no problem with it, but I appreciate that you asked first.

I'm happy for you to use the money as you see fit - go get yourselves a few beers!

Status
Not open for further replies.