One Time Mailing Thoughts

Would you be okay with a one time mailing to sponsor some contests?

• Yes, I'm okay with receiving mail a single time to sponsor some forum contests.

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • No, I'd rather not receive any extra email. (No contests)

Votes: 23 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
If it helps X10 then I think it's fine. I can always just ignore the email if the topic doesn't interest me.
I normally hate these kinds of replies, but: "me too". :smile:

Emails from my mom tend to get dumped into the spambox (content scanning probably...*sigh*), so I'm in the habit of checking before clearing. :wink:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
.....I appreciate that you asked first...
I am sure that most x10hosting users share that sentiment. Like any business owner, Corey wants to run a profitable company, but, clearly, he also cares about his clients and users. Not only did he ask for our opinion on this mailing, he is also willing to share a portion of the profits from the mailing. Also, let's not overlook the fact that the purpose of this is to help pay for the new DC which we are all benefiting from.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Like I said beffore, it's ok with me.
On the other hand I'm not into contests like this. Form me free hosting is my grand prize.

priyaa161

Reaction score
Send as much as you can. I'll not mind even if you send me thousands of that ads daily. But it will be fare to expect a good service from you in return.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i would like to see someone post who says no. I read through the post, and as far as i can tell, everyone said yes.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Especially when there's 13 votes so far against it :) You should made this poll public Corey so we could trow rock on those who said no LOL! Just joking ;)

priyaa161

Reaction score
I voted for no because no improvement in service (not talking bout hosting, but the support) even after sending that spam.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I voted for no because no improvement in service (not talking bout hosting, but the support) even after sending that spam.

The support isn't paid :)

/me throws rocks at priyaa161

~Callum

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score

that original spam er um advertisement was to help cover the costs of paying for 2 servers in 2 different data centers.
Support is bad right now because current staff have allot of work to do, and the recent changes to support isn't helping any.

Last edited:

priyaa161

Reaction score
The support isn't paid

/me throws rocks at priyaa161

support isn't paid and I can get the same slow support even if I say no to Corey for those emails. If they want to earn money by sending emails I must get a better support.

And can somebody call the cops. That guy is out of his mind. :smile:

priyaa161

Reaction score
Not only did he ask for our opinion on this mailing, he is also willing to share a portion of the profits from the mailing.

Okay, send me those emails and I'll going to click or register. And whatever you want to share with me from that profit, take all those as a contribution from me for a better support cause "support isn't paid."

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
support isn't paid and I can get the same slow support even if I say no to Corey for those emails. If they want to earn money by sending emails I must get a better support.

And can somebody call the cops. That guy is out of his mind. :smile:

You'll get better service or competitions or something if you get the emails sent to you XD

And I am not out of my mind! :D

~Callum

priyaa161

Reaction score
You'll get better service or competitions or something if you get the emails sent to you XD

And I am not out of my mind! :D

~Callum

Then Corey must send 10 such emails every month to give us support like paid hosting. It is much more worthwhile than some dollars on paypal account.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Then Corey must send 10 such emails every month to give us support like paid hosting. It is much more worthwhile than some dollars on paypal account.

How about he sends three a second to a select few instead of one to everyone?

I'm in XD

~Callum

priyaa161

Reaction score
Is there any one click send button?

Edit: And what kind of contest would be there? I think maximum reputation or maximum posts or something like that. I'm not gonna win in that case.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have to think of the contests but it would be open for everyone whether it was completely random or not. There wouldn't be requirements for it.

Also, this is a one time mailing that we're voting on here. If we get another offer in the future I may do another poll, this current poll is to only receive an Email on the 21st and nothing after that besides official x10 news.

sandy.beach

Prime Account
Reaction score
I would say do the mailings to your community here, as long as it is relevant to the community and people have the ability to opt - out of marketing emails i would not have a problem receiving the occasaional mail.

If the payments to lower your costs which would in turn meant we get the same great service or better service for the current low costs or zero costs, could anyone on this community honestly say no ?

Put the money in the company bank account. You never know when you will need it :)

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If it helps keep x10hosting running, I say go with the flow...as long as my e-mail is not being sent to other companies, like you guys said it wont : ) ...I am happy with it...(the e-mail i use for x10hosting) is VERY important, for my daily life functions, and any spam of some kind, from anyone other than those I have specified with my employers can result in administrative actions being taken upon my position in the corporation.

If you like, heck just keep $ 300.00 for yourself.

From John Klyne

-

Additions below:

priyaa161, I do not mean to sound rude in any form or manner, but in my opinion, with what has been said, from the Administrator, there is no harm in accepting such an advertisement offer from anyone, as long as certain guidelines are followed. You complicate matters, vote yes, or vote no. It is simple...

As for your last comment or statement, I must agree wholeheartedly, put the money in the company bank account, you never know when you will need it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.