Option 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like option 3 is going to win in the poll. So it looks like the plan will be, everyone who wants to keep their accounts will post a ticket on the help desk at http://www.x10hosting.com/helpdesk . Make sure to pick the Backup\Restore department.

I will start backing up accounts Thursday evening after Thanksgiving dinner, I have no idea how many accounts will need to be backed up but we'll estimate it will go into Friday. Once this is complete I will have the server wiped clean with a fresh install of the operating system.

From there we will start restoring accounts... If all goes well I'd think we will have the accounts back up by Sat night or possibly Sunday depending how many.

If you think this is too early let me know and we can extend the timeframe. I would also suggest everyone backup their files and databases between now and Friday ;) If you can't get into cPanel try http://70.86.136.178:2082

-Corey

somebody123

Reaction score
Corey said:
I will start backing up accounts Thursday evening after Thanksgiving dinner, I have no idea how many accounts will need to be backed up but we'll estimate it will go into Friday. Once this is complete I will have the server wiped clean with a fresh install of the operating system.

From there we will start restoring accounts... If all goes well I'd think we will have the accounts back up by Sat night or possibly Sunday depending how many.
-Corey

Where does this put me? You mentioned in one of the support tickets that my account had been wiped, but then a 2nd one said that you'd restored the dns, which made it so I could see the Cpanel page, but I couldn't log in. Will my account exist after the wipe/kill considering it's not in the current backups, and if not, is there a way I can re-register it?

My user account: peix10ho
subdomain: pei.x10hosting.com

Thanks in advance

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
somebody123 said:
Corey said:

-Corey

Where does this put me? You mentioned in one of the support tickets that my account had been wiped, but then a 2nd one said that you'd restored the dns, which made it so I could see the Cpanel page, but I couldn't log in. Will my account exist after the wipe/kill considering it's not in the current backups, and if not, is there a way I can re-register it?

My user account: peix10ho
subdomain: pei.x10hosting.com

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure I found your account, just put in a ticket to have it backed up.

-Corey

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
thanks corey, good idea for a quicker fix!

theblazingangel

Prime Account
Reaction score
Corey, how practical would it be to create an image of the disk drive, or even replace the disk drive itself and use it as the backup? It would solve the time problem of processing a full backup...?

mattspec

Reaction score
theblazingangel said:
Corey, how practical would it be to create an image of the disk drive, or even replace the disk drive itself and use it as the backup? It would solve the time problem of processing a full backup...?

not very, he only wants to keep the bare minimum so that the staff doesnt have to sift through all of the crap unused accounts

Articz

Reaction score
thx for this corey at the moment the cpanel ip link doesnt seem to work for me at the moment but will try again later on and hope to see everything hunky dorry on staurday :D

cetutnx1

Reaction score
I sorry but i'm from argentina and i don't know when is the Thursday after Thanksgiving.
could anyone please post the date.
thanks in advance!!!

mattspec

Reaction score
cpanel wont let anyone in, but my tick it is in WHOOT i cant wait for the wipe!!!

WoMBaT

Reaction score
When is it starting? or has it already begun?
... Then when is it done

Skilzat99X

Reaction score
Is there anyway to check and be sure that the ticket we submitted has been received or validated or whatever?

Starskey

Reaction score
You guys are still making backups right? Because me and my brother aren't able to get to cpanel to make backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.