OXWALL Install Problem - Error 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryma

Reaction score
As per object, I tried to install OXWALL but at the end of the process when visiting mydomain.xx/install i receive the generic error 500.

Could someone investigate please?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like you've removed your script installation. Please try again.

tryma

Reaction score
Yes, I was trying a manual install. But I obtained the same result. The problem should be in the .htaccess file, specially the following lines:
Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

When commented out, the Error 505 disappear, while Error 404 pops out...:mad:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I get an internal server error when I visit your site. Along with repairing the .htaccess file, make sure that all folders inside the public_html directory have permissions of 755 and that the php files have permissions of 644.

tryma

Reaction score
I get an internal server error when I visit your site.
That's the problem. The internal server error comes out directly with a fresh install from Softaculos install script. Neither uploading manually all files the error disappears.

Along with repairing the .htaccess file
The htaccess is how it comes out-of-the-box from Oxwall package, i duble-checked. Commenting out the RewriteCond lines only leads to "File Not Found" error.

make sure that all folders inside the public_html directory have permissions of 755 and that the php files have permissions of 644

Thank you for the hint...I'm checking....

---------- Post added 04-09-2011 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-08-2011 at 11:51 PM ----------

could it be that with PHP5 we can't change anymore directives trough .htaccess file?

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If I understood you right, you couldn't change any directives before either. Php.ini is set server wide and was never accessible to any free hosting users.

tryma

Reaction score
OK, finally I found the solution! I hope this might help other users in the future:

1) Install form Softaculos the Oxwall
2) FTP to your site, copy .htaccess file to your local drive and edit as follows
3) Decomment following lines in .htaccess: RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC]

4) Save and upload new .htaccess file to your site
5) Enjoy!!! :)

In this way everything should work correctly...at least this was a solution for me.

My deepest and kindest regards to calistoy for his precious help! Many thanks!

P.S. Please beg my pardon if my english is quite difficult to understand...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.