Parked vs. Addon... Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

codywdx1

Reaction score
Can I set up emails using my parked domain that use that domain, and not the subdomain?

For example, if I have mysite.x10host.com and park mysite.com, can I have my emails set as me@mysite.com and not me@mysite.x10host.com?

Does this work with Parked domains, or only with Addon domains?

Thanks in advance! :)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes! If you add a parked or addon domain and then create an email account, you will be asked which domain you would like to create the account on. :)

Thank you,

codywdx1

Reaction score
Thank you Dead-i! To continue, I use Google Domains for my domain name. I want to use Google Domain Name Servers, and I am trying to point to X10hosting using A records.

I have the following A record:
Name: @
Type: A
TTL: 1h
Data: 69.175.104.34

However, trying to add the domain to my website results in the following error:
Unable to add the domain name − Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

What is wrong here? Thanks in advance! :) If it matters, this happens with both control panels. I'm trying to add cuddlybeardaycare.com

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

For security reasons, cPanel checks that any domains you add are pointing to our nameservers. This is to verify that you are the domain's account owner. ;)

Our nameservers are:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Google has some information on how you can add these:
https://support.google.com/domains/answer/3290309?hl=en

Thank you,

codywdx1

Reaction score
Ah, I was hoping to use the A records so I could still use Google's panel to set A records, TXT records, etc...

I can't if I change DNS servers :\

I changed it though and will have to utilize the DNS setup at x10hosting now. I can do that, right? :) -> I see I can do this now.

"Instead, these records are managed for you, either by Google Domains if you are using the Google name servers, or by your DNS provider if you are using custom name servers."

Also, is it possible to set up DNSSEC with x10hosting, or no? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.