password change in DA not propagating to SSO page

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Changing password in Direct Admin has no effect, either in Direct Admin or on Single Sign-On page.
I changed my password over a week ago in Direct Admin, using what I though was the obvious way: click the drop-down next to "Hello [username]", and click on "password". I am prompted for the old password and the new password (but NOT PROMPTED TO RETYPE THE NEW PASSWORD, which IMNSHO is a problem, but also a separate issue from this ticket).
Today (a week later), when I logged on via SSO, I got the error message that my login was invalid. On a whim I tried the old password, and I was successful.
Changed my password again today, using the above procedure, got the "change was successful" message on the Change Password screen, logged out, cleared browser cache (Firefox), opened browser and tried to login via SSO page: new password failed, old password worked.

So something is not working correctly, and needs to be looked into (among all of the other obstacles that have created themselves with the migration from Cpanel to Direct Admin!).

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
just to mention, be careful because to many failed login attempts
will get your ip banned causing more of a delay in fixing this.

have you tried searching the forum for an answer to this issue?
i recall that a new account panel is implemented soon.
and many changes are supposed to be addressed.

in the meantime official support will get back to you in a matter of time.
the forums here are based on volunteer's helping in their spare time,
but someone from support will check the latest posts.
it could be a couple days though before they do.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No, they do indeed not propagate "upstream" from DA to the SSO page.

They do however sync from SSO page to DA in order for the logins to work, so changing in DA would not work at all as the first time you login to the SSO page after the change it would be reset.

Currently, the only way to properly change the password is using the "Forgot password" option on the SSO login page.