PC or MAC?

Which is better? PC or Mac?

• PC

Votes: 62 57.9%
  • Mac

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Both!

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Please state in post which that is!)

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dexus

Reaction score
Only PC, I can use Windows, Unix, Linux and others. In MAC i can only run Mac OS X. And Mac in my country is very oriental....

Cubeform

Reaction score
Macs use Intel processors now, which means they CAN run Windows/Linux/etc.

Archkronos

Reaction score
I use both, and in my opinion they both have thier placements, strengths and weakness'.

However, I believe that Mac's arent really designed for the workplace, and while PC's are complaciant with both, I think that the PC is a bit of an Officey thing.

But I have both at home, and they both do their bit, and they both do their jobs, and do them well.

commonyd

Reaction score
One thing that is really nice is that Mac OS is built from UNIX. UNIX in my opinion is very powerful and strongly made... unlike Window's shell..which again in my opinion needs some recoding.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
well i was trained using a PC and i just can't stand Mac.... i'm used to seeing the windows key and with the double clicking... you can't remove that from me!

Linux... possibly...

halohalo

Reaction score
I have an old G3 Apple iBook and it's fantastic. Things on that machine always *works* I only had to abandon regular use of it because I was running out of disk space - ever since they rolled out the iTunes store, I've jam-packed the hard drive with music! Now it's just a fancy jukebox for playing old CD's and tunes or synchronizing with my iPod.

My everyday machine at home are both running Windows XP. What can I say? It does the job and rarely gives me grief. Except when Microsoft pushes live a major update and then my computer gets hijacked by Microsoft as my system attempts to download all the updates and patches. What's up with that? For some reason, Microsoft does not let you opt out of patches and updates - they automatically download... ironically at the least convenient time.

My favorite machine however is running Linux. I can use old, old hardware and still squeeze out some great performance with the machine. It just feels good knowing that something that I would've just chucked to the e-recycling bin can still be useful. Even if it's just for basic graphics editing and surfing the web. Linux is solid, gives me minimal grief and also is impervious to spyware, adware and viruses. Hooray!

So if you ask me, I like both PC's (Linux and Windows variety) and Apple machines. My only complaint is that Apple machines are VERY expensive compared an equivalent PC. I guess I'll just have to save up much longer if I want a replacement Apple machine. Sigh.

lambada

Reaction score
@halohalo
You can disable automatic updates by going to control panel > automatic updates there you can disable them, or change the time when they are downloaded or installed, or even just let it download them and then prompt you to install them.

Veivei

Reaction score
I use PC since I was about 13 yo, till now, even though I'm not an advanced PC user but I'm better on PC than Mac :lol:

Last edited:

Prison Gate

Reaction score
Mac's and Pc's both have ups and downs but Mac's have been catching up with gaming and might have a future in it.They already owned Pc's regular FPS on WoW and they hit over 200FPS with 4% CPU usage on hyper threading.

uncommon_muse

Reaction score
I am a admitted MAC-addict. I am a musician and digital artist with a web development education. I have my Macbook Pro and also a laptop from my company (a PC)- notice I use the possessive "my" only for the Mac. It is loaded with more powerful programs and hardware, PLUS open source Mac ware is entirely more functional on a Mac. The PC is slow in both processing speed and set-up. You can open up a Mac straight from the box, turn it on, and go to town/work without having to download or install any drivers, anti-ware, etc... The functionality is smooth and incredibly more intuitive than PC (there is no hidden executables in Mac OS ) and the hardware is designed to last, not to be obsolete in a couple years. My desktop, a "power mac G5 dual 2GHZ (bought in 2003) still kicks ass, even compared to some of my associates' PC's - each bought within the past two years. Can anyone say the same about a four year old PC? I doubt it.

SniperFox

Reaction score
I voted both, being that they both have their highs and lows.

In my honest opinion, though, it all depends on what you use it for.

For corporate tasks ( Such as spread sheets, calculating, etc ), a PC would be the way to go. Windows is also much, much better for gaming, especially since Vista released ( Though Vista is a MAJOR RAM hog. ).

For designing, video editing, digital art, and things of the like, a Mac ( While much more expensive ), is the definite way to go. It just seems to play nice with programs like Photoshop, etc.

Macs are getting better for gaming, but Windows does still have it beat.

Virus wise, Macs have PCs beat. They basically don't exist. However, the reason they don't exist, isn't a very pretty one. It's not because Macs are more secure. It's because hackers/virus coders don't care about them.

There's nothing to gain from writing a virus for a Mac, since they, for the most part, aren't used in major office corporations. If Macs were more prominent in the office world, I can assure you there'd be plenty of viruses around for them.

And I, myself, being a digital artist, wish I could get a Mac, but alas, I am stuck with my PC for now. XD.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I would prefer PC, than mac.

PC
Pc is better in terms of having more programs to use compared to Mac. The software is much more reasonable than Mac software too. Even though the chance of infections is highest among all types of operating system. It still one of the best in terms of having a complete capability of having different types of software and security solutions to overcome virus and other types of harmful application. But the cost of maintaining a computer to suit our needs is expensive because we have to keep purchasing product which we need to use in our work life.

Mac
Mac is known to be one of the best to against virus and trojan infections but the cost of softwares and lack of lots of software makes it one of the most expensive you would ever one to thing of buying. Yes since no virus and trojan means lesser maintenances. But software is so sarced and lacking that its only possible for video rendering. Others utilities do not really suit my needs.

Let's hope Mac with intel chip proved to be one of the most efficiency system on this planet.

knutico

Reaction score
mac is more powerfull and looks better than pc, and I run windows directly on my mac

brianfast

Reaction score
mac is more powerfull and looks better than pc, and I run windows directly on my mac
How can you even argue that? A Mac is just a proprietary PC. You can make a PC run much more powerful then you ever could on a Mac.

Last edited:

darkstang

Reaction score
Mac and PC's are both built on X86 and X86_64 architectures, so they're basically the same thing. Either way, I'm throwing Linux onto it.

naynesh

Reaction score
I would choose Pc.For those of you who dont know what pc means well then read this!!!!!!!!

A personal computer (PC) is a computer whose price, size, and capabilities make it useful for individuals.

It is unknown who coined the phrase with the intent of a small affordable computing device but John W. Mauchly described such a device in a November 3, 1962 New York Times article entitled "Pocket Computer may replace Shopping List". Six years later a manufacturer took a risk at referring to their product this way when Hewlett Packard advertised their "Powerful Computing Genie" as "The New Hewlett Packard 9100A personal computer"[1]. This advertisement was too extreme for the target audience and replaced with a much drier ad for the HP 9100A programmable calculator. [2] [3] [4] During the next 7 years the phrase had gained usage so when Byte magazine, published its first edition it referred to its readers as being in the "personal computing field"[5] while Creative Computing defined the personal computer as a "non-(time)shared system containing sufficient processing power and storage capabilities to satisfy the needs of an individual user."

Two years later when the 1977 Trinity of preassembled small computers hit the markets, the Apple II and the PET 2001 were advertised as 'personal computers' while the TRS-80 was a microcomputer used for household tasks including "personal financial management". By 1979 over half a million microcomputers were sold and the youth of the day had a new concept of the personal computer.

The Personal Computer was also the first non-human abstract to be the Time Magazine Person of the Year.

Some of Extract off Wikipedia