PC or MAC?

Which is better? PC or Mac?

• PC

Votes: 62 57.9%
  • Mac

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Both!

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Please state in post which that is!)

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pebbleworm

Reaction score
Hi!

If I have a bottomless pocket, I'd say a Mac but being just a regular dude I have a PC for practical purposes. They're cheaper than Macs and I there's almost a shop in every corner for repairs and upgrades. :)

Reclutex

Reaction score
Mac.

Think of it. So stylish, so slim, amazing storage of 1 terabyte! Built in camera, virus-proof. Wow, is all i have to say to the mac.

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
@noerrorsfound;

Still, I voted PC. Macs have their points, but I like gaming, and theres simply too many games I like that don't support Mac's.

I'm with you there. To be honest, I would have a mac, if there wasn't the gaming problems.
I also find MACs a bit expensive.

Arthiel

Reaction score
MAC isn't even cool. The only reason it would be is because you want change. What do you do then? Simple, friends; Linux. Yes, Linux. Simple to use, more efficient, more customizable...And MAC's have like, no supportive software outside of Macintosh. It's stupid.​

Swiblet

Reaction score
I have never used any other system than PCs and Macs....and I have to say that I am yet to use a Mac properly. Sure, the animations are cool, but it's sickening after a while. It's like the desktop is a flashy flash movie. I don't like things to move when I don't want them to. Macs are also not compatible with ANYTHING I like to use. PCs are what all my software is made for. Also, I have still not figured out how to go through the system in Mac. In windows, everything opens up like a neat directory. In Macs, it is impossible to just forget the name of your file. You are not able to say "I left it in this general region". There is no general reason! It is all like one huge folder with everything randomly thrown in it! It's horrible! I like being able to be a master of my computer, instead of letting the computer be a huge mess. PCs.

~~Ben

theparadesquare

Reaction score
In my computer experiance i have learnt to totally hate windows and i have turned to Linux authough XP is a good OS i really dislike Vista. Mac well, i haven't really used it so i don't know but Linux is the best so far so go that Tux!!

Sohail

Reaction score
I am going to tell you why Macintosh is the best and how it beats windows. That is because in an upcoming update of OS X - known as Tiger, processers are so fast nower days that you will be able to run Windows directly from your Mac either in a window or in full screen. Its the ultimate operating system for developers.

Arthiel

Reaction score
My friend, who owns a newly purchased MAC(obtained in June of this year) runs both the MAC OS and Windows Vista at the same time, though, his pirated version of Windows crashes sometimes, it still isn't that interesting to me. There are cooler things to do with the customizable PC's. MAC's are good for business', though, PC's dominate in both the gaming and home entertainment settings.​

tim34

Reaction score
perhaps the real topic should be Mac, Windows, or Linux? I've been using Ubuntu (a linux flavor) for a couple years and love it.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I've always used PCs, 1, because you can open them up and mess around with the hardware, and 2, because if it goes wrong you can usually fix it yourself instead of having to take it down to a dealer to get it fixed.

MACs may look nicer and are usually more compact than a PC I would still go for a PC every time.

Last edited:

Mekryd

Reaction score
I am going to tell you why Macintosh is the best and how it beats windows. That is because in an upcoming update of OS X - known as Tiger, processers are so fast nower days that you will be able to run Windows directly from your Mac either in a window or in full screen. Its the ultimate operating system for developers.

I wouldn't trust the word of someone who isn't informed enough to know that it's Leopard, not Tiger.

He's talking about software virtualization too, which isn't a part of OS X, but a seperate program, like VMWare Fusion or some other software. You can get the same functionality of Virtualization for *nix and Windows machines. In fact, Linux would be a better OS for developers, due to its cost and flexibilities.

HomerJ

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust the word of someone who isn't informed enough to know that it's Leopard, not Tiger.

He's talking about software virtualization too, which isn't a part of OS X, but a seperate program, like VMWare Fusion or some other software. You can get the same functionality of Virtualization for *nix and Windows machines. In fact, Linux would be a better OS for developers, due to its cost and flexibilities.

When he wrote that post (in October 2007), Tiger may have been the next upcoming release.

But about virtualization, you're right. If Mac OS could be ran on non-Mac hardware, you could install it in VMWare on Windows or Linux. Apple simply locks it down for no good reason, just to keep people having to buy their pricey hardware.

I can (and do) run Windows on my PC with linux through VMWare, and could run linux with a Windows host if I wanted to. Virtualization has nothing to do with Mac or Apple.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Both have their uses and both can do the same things, if you know how to set them up :)

Mekryd

Reaction score
When he wrote that post (in October 2007), Tiger may have been the next upcoming release.

But about virtualization, you're right. If Mac OS could be ran on non-Mac hardware, you could install it in VMWare on Windows or Linux. Apple simply locks it down for no good reason, just to keep people having to buy their pricey hardware.

I can (and do) run Windows on my PC with linux through VMWare, and could run linux with a Windows host if I wanted to. Virtualization has nothing to do with Mac or Apple.
Tiger's been around since mid 2005. =P

Yeah. It's pretty sad you can't (legally) run things on non-Mac hardware. Has anyone toyed around with the Hackintosh movement? Seems like the only reason I'd touch Mac OSX, though I prefer the flexibility and familiarity of Linux to Mac OS...