Permission Changes not taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

badmoodp

Reaction score
I'm trying to change the permissions of 4 of my files from 755 to 777, as them not being 777 seems to be knocking out my forum repeatedly. However, after 2 FTP clients and trying to edit the files directly through the file manager, the changes just won't take.

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone else change these permissions for me by any chance?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong?

IF 'permissions' set on any folder or file - in your account - are [ 777 ] - that makes a large security risk - so a x10hosting's free-hosting server will throw an immediate "Access Denied" (403 error code) error to protect itself

make sure all file permissions are 0644 (rw-r--r--) and all folder permissions are 0755 (rwxr-xr-x)

badmoodp

Reaction score
Is there any way to bypass that? I need these folders to be 777, otherwise the site is going to keep going down. This is the help guide I'm trying to follow.

badmoodp

Reaction score
Did you install phpBB with Softaculous?

I... think so? I used x10's automatic script installer, and when I was having troubles earlier with upgrading to 3.2 and had to delete and start over a few times, the uninstaller directed to Softaculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.