Permission for T.F.X. Soundtrack

posidyn

Reaction score
Dear X10hosting people in charge.

I wish to post the soundtrack to the OLD CLASSIC flight sim game T.F.X. on my website.

I am trying to get permission from Barry Leitch but so far have not got a reply.

I am requesting for X10hosting's blessing to put the soundtrack up.

If anyone knows who else to contact regarding permissions to put up the T.F.X. soundtrack please let me know also.

stesouthby

Reaction score
I dont think they will give you the go ahead because they do not own the rights the the music and therefore would then be liable if barry leitch decided to prosicute if i was you i just wait for a reply off the owner of the music or find someone to create there own verson i suppose if wouldn't be that bad if you are not trying to make money on the site or link it to youtube music that way your not breaking any copyrights but you prob have to ask corey or another senior member

posidyn

Reaction score
Got a reply from Barry Leitch. Unfortunately Ocean Software are the copyright owners, so I gotta contact them. But that was back in 1993. If I am reading wikipedia correctly, Atari now have the rights... maybe.

stesouthby

Reaction score
well from what i can understand about laws and such if you contact atari an ocean software and they do not own the rights and also do not give you any more fallow up leads then technically you could put the music up there but if requested by the copyright owner you would then have to remove it