Personality Quiz

Equiflux

Reaction score
Read the following story, at the end you will be asked to answer a question, and you may post your results if you so desire.

There was once a town that was split in two by a river, on one side lived a man and his wife, on the other side, a man that was in love with the other man's wife. In this town, the only way to get from either side of the river was by crossing the bridge that connected the two sides, or by paying the boatman 50 cents to row you across the river.

One day the woman's husband had to go on a VERY important buisness trip. the woman wanted to go with him because she loved her husband very much. However, The husband simply said, "No, however much you wish to come, you may not follow me, for you will interfere with my dealings."

So the Husband left, and the wife was very sad. One day, the wife could not handle the lonelyness any longer, and decided to cross the bridge to chat with her lover. They chatted for hours and laughed and had fun, but it got late. Thus the wife had to go back home. So, gathering her belongings, she said to her lover, "Alas, I must leave, for the sun has set, and I must quickly get home."

So, as she drew closer to the bridge, she noticed that someone was standing at the other side. It was a dark, tall figure, who was dressed in a trench coat. Exactly who was this figure? Was it her husband, who alas felt sad and came home to take his wife with him on the buisness trip?

The wife walked closer and squinted to get a more clear view. Suddenly the dark figure pulled out a small blade. The Figure was an assassin. Alarmed, the wife ran to the boatman and begged for a free passage over the river, while frantically telling him her frightening story. The Boatman simple refused, and said, "Do you have fifty-cents?"

Thinking quickly for a way to obtain 50 cents, she finally got the idea to go ask her lover for 50 cents. So she ran, and she ran, and she ran some more, until she reached her lover's house. When she knocked on his door, he greeted her with a smile and said, "Oh you're back." and kindly invited her back in.

Once she was inside, she told her lover the sotry of how there was an assassin at the end of the bridge, and how she needed 50 cents to get the boatman to row her across the river. Her lover rejected her request and again and again, she begged; and again and again her lover rejected. So she left his home.

She decided to run across the bridge as fast as she could, and just hope that the assassin would not catch her. She approached the bridge. Under a street lamp, the assassin stood completely still, an erie figure he was. the woman took a deep breathe, and Sprinted with all the speed her body would allow her, however, her efforts were in vain, and the assassin caught her in his arms. then slowly, pulled out his knife, and unfortunately, killed her.

Now, after Reading this story, write down (or memorize) in order of responsibility, who you think was the most responsible for the death of the woman:
(a. The Husband
(b. The woman/wife
(c. The Lover
(d. The Boatman
(e. The Assassin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, here's what each character represented when you chose them to be responbible:

If you chose,

The Husband- You are interested/believe in love
The Wife- You love fun
The Lover- you are interested in sex rather than love
The Boatman- you rely on and believe in (chances/hope/miracles)-->(magic)
The Assassin- You are greedy and you love money

So for example, My results were:

(a. The Husband
(b. The woman/wife
(c. The Lover
(d. The Boatman
(e. The Assassin

These things are interesting to me in the order of importance to me:
Love, Fun, Sex, Magic, and Money.

Thanks for reading, and I'd love you see you guys' results.

ƒorte

Reaction score
I got e,b,c,d,a...

So I'm greedy because I picked the person who actually killed her as most responsible? Man, this thing can read me like a book... (no sarcasm, honest)

Colin

Reaction score
haha thats funny I got the same results. But seriously who picks the husband as the most responsible? The person who killed her is freaking responsible!!! (The assassin)

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
ƒorte said:
I got e,b,c,d,a...

So I'm greedy because I picked the person who actually killed her as most responsible? Man, this thing can read me like a book... (no sarcasm, honest)

i got e,b,d,c,a
pretty close lol

hmm.. alot of us on x10 seem to be "greedy"
then again, nobody could have too MUCH money

Equiflux

Reaction score
hyper89 said:
haha thats funny I got the same results. But seriously who picks the husband as the most responsible? The person who killed her is freaking responsible!!! (The assassin)

Well, everyone has different opinions, that's what makes this test able to see through you. I chose the husband because, if he really loved his wife, he would have taken her with him and she would have never gotten killed.

and I believed the assassin was least responsible because he was paid to kill her, he didn't even know the lady so how could he hate her?

Last edited:

nickwolt41

Reaction score
Husband, wife, boatman, lover, assassin (a, b, d, c, e)

Obviously, the husband is the most responsible because he went away without letting his wife go with him.
After that the wife is responsible, because she went to her lover and didn't stay home.
Then the boatman, because he refused free passage.
The lover refused to give her money.
And the least responsible: the assassin.

But, I have a few theories:
  1. The assassin could've been the husband, maybe he was hired as an assassin, but didn't know his own wife was the target. Or it could be that he didn't love his wife and wanted her gone.
  2. Maybe everyone was working together (except from the husband and the wife) to get her killed.
  3. And maybe the husband knew of those plans, but didn't do anything. So, in that case he was responsible too.
You never know what happened, even the author of this story couldn't possibly know what really happened.

Last edited:

nickwolt41

Reaction score
I just saw that this thread is 7 years old :D Well, hopefully Equiflux is happy to see it revived.