PHP Help (I'm Offering!)

Chris Z

Reaction score
ok maybe you could make something that would log into my cPanel and find the bandwidth and refer to that file...THANK YOU SO MUCH one more ? lol sorry but step six (6) open db.sql, where it says INSERT INTO dl_users, find md5('admin') and relplace admin with your cp password) kinda confuses me...can you explain a bit more? THANK YOU SIR!

chris218

Reaction score
whole line is the bellow

Code:
INSERT INTO `dl_users` VALUES (1,'admin',MD5('admin'),1,1);

it is line 10

in that line, find MD5('admin')

change the admin bit to your log in password.

As for logging into your cpanel, its not that easy... They will be some backend method floating about somewhere, I'm sure..

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
ok THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN, i hope i will be a great PHP designer like you some day ;)

chris218

Reaction score
thanks.

Its a relatively easy and simple project, few conditionals and sql statements really.

Chris Z

Reaction score
awesome well i've run into a problem...i can't seem to login to the admin panel...which is kinda wierd cuz i uploaded the modified sql file...hmm i'm confused

chris218

Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
awesome well i've run into a problem...i can't seem to login to the admin panel...which is kinda wierd cuz i uploaded the modified sql file...hmm i'm confused
what does it say?

Chris Z

Reaction score
it doesn't it just stays where it is (the login page)

chris218

Reaction score
hmm... thats rather odd.

did you run all the sql in db.sql?

try clearing your cache, in no case is the script surposed to stay on the login page with no error message.

It works fine for me.

Chris Z

Reaction score
hmm, ya i'll try clearing my cache, that was my next idea

edit-cleared my cache...still the same thing, but is there a directory i'm missing here (ie /securearea)?

Last edited:

chris218

Reaction score
ahh sorry for a double post.

What browser do you use?

The login script uses sessions, and there might be a bug with your browser, or your security settings are too high?

Chris Z

Reaction score
i'm using firefox 1.5, i haven't messed with any security settings since i instlalled it

chris218

Reaction score
it doesn't have to be since you installed it..

have you run all the sql in db.sql?

I'm pretty sure the only error this could be if it just returns to the normal login page is session problems on your end.

Nothing else would cause this, or not that i can think of.

Chris Z

Reaction score
ya i uploaded the sql file directly into phpmyadmin..idk why it's not working...this kinda sucks hmm...the username is "admin", right? cuz that's what i typed in

chris218

Reaction score
yep, but even if the credentials were wrong it would redirect to an access denied page.

PM me the password and the link, and i will see if I have the same problems (if your ok giving me the password that is..)

I could give you an sql line to change it after I have tried.

chris218

Reaction score
well it does the same for me.

Can you check the site address in the systemComponent is correct?

it should be..

I will send you a pm of what it should be..

chris218

Reaction score
I can now be contacted via IRC regarding php.

The topic indicates openeing times / if I am open

#php-scripts - irc.freenode.net

I am christhatsme

boblake

Reaction score
PHP form gen help

Hi,

I'm gonna take you up on your offer for php related help lol. Unfortunately, I'm pretty new to website design, so php is still a fairly new concept. However I have the need for viewers of my website to be able to fill out the form on my contact page, press submit, and have the text they typed in the form fields sent to my personal email address. As a result I have chosen to use PHP form generator by sourceforge.

Now I just uploaded the phpform folder just as I unzipped it, to the "/ folder" on my website. I made sure the permissions were set to 777 for the folder and then attempted to access the program by typing in http://www.stann.x10hosting.com/phpform and http://www.stann.x10hosting.com/phpform/index, however I got a 404.

Basically I'm not sure if I've uploaded the phpform folder to the wrong place or if I simply am not using it right. i tried to follow the steps accurately at http://phpformgen.sourceforge/install.html but no luck so far.

Anyway, if you know of something I am missing or even perhaps a simpler way to accomplish what I'm trying to do please let me know. thanks for you time.

Bob