PHP Issues - Any Server

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by Bryon, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryon

Bryon I Fix Things

If you're having an issue with PHP itself, (NOT a script error, something disabled/missing from PHP itself), please post it here.

If you're receiving an error that you have never seen before and think it is caused by a recent setting/PHP change, post that here as well.

2. duckyinc

duckyinc New Member

I already said this but I'm getting nothing off the joomla administrator panel, now it's just a blank page :(

3. Cubeform

Cubeform New Member

My Drupal 5.1 install completely fails on me.

EDIT: Never mind; I disabled page caching and the problem goes away. However:
    Is there any reason to disable set_time_limit()?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  4. Bryon

Bryon I Fix Things

Cubeform: That function should be alright now.

Duckyinc: I'm looking into your issue now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2007
  5. bribaby

bribaby New Member

I keep getting:

Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of preg_replace() with /e modifier is forbidden by configuration in /home/my user name/public_html/wp-includes/kses.php(446) : regexp code on line 446

It wouldn't let anything show up even the ads which caused my account to get suspended but its only been up for 3 days. :(

6. Bryon

Bryon I Fix Things

Are you still getting the error about preg_replace() and /e? I enable that a little while ago.

You shouldn't be suspended for no ads if your site is only three days old. What is your username?

Edit: I see your thread, I'll look at it now.

7. eNoyx

eNoyx Member

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98305 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/index.php on line 26

When trying to sign up ^^ Nothing else loads.
    //it already appears.

Forum posting issue is fixed.
    The profile page appears as blank (it loads some data, javascripts mainly, but still not enough). The gallery (Menalto's G2) is blank too, but without anything.

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/administrator/components/com_docman/docman.config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxx/public_html/xxxx/administrator/components/com_docman/classes/DOCMAN_config.class.php on line 119
    Downloads system. Loads ok, but that error appears on the top.

There're some problems with the login. I type down the username and password, click Submit, but the next page is just blank. The URL is showing in its parameters my username, my password and so on. I refresh the index page, and I'm succesfully logged in! But, the forum latest messages module gives that huge amount of errors I PM'd you, disappearing after refreshing again.
    [edit] I've just noticed that the session expires after 15 min, the default value if you don't check the box "Remember me"; but it's checked and does expire.

That's all in the frontend. For the backend, I'll have to look into a bit more.

8. ArNoX

ArNoX Member

Editing a website with the Frontpage is not working now..i dont know why.
    I allways edit my site tro the Frontpage but now it is not working..i can't see my files and can't edit a page.
    Frontpage Extensions: installed
    [​IMG]
    What to do?

9. Bryon

Bryon I Fix Things

I made some changes. Can you check what errors you still get?

10. eNoyx

eNoyx Member

Another function to be enabled:

Warning: putenv() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/galeria/modules/core/classes/GalleryTranslator.class on line 299

The gallery is starting to have some life xD

Users can sign up now. The forum gives a Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/administrator/components/com_smf/includes/Lite.php on line 624 that disappears after refreshing, but it shows up first in every message you try to read.

This one remains:
    Login isn't OK yet. And the profile page is still blank.

So, being positive, the registers have been fixed, and the gallery is coming to life step by step ^^

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  11. elbar

elbar New Member

12. eNoyx

eNoyx Member

Subir archivos = upload files ;)

13. mariofx

mariofx New Member

Hi, Bryon :

Thanks for the php update! However, I want to see the php info of my account. I create a php file with the correct function (http://www.planetahistoria.com.ar/test.php) but this appears on browser:

"Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/mariofx/public_html/test.php on line 1"

Can you to fix this? Thanks.

14. elbar

elbar New Member

Si...pero Google, se ve que me entendio mal...!

[​IMG]

15. lionheart8

lionheart8 New Member

Hi

This is the second full day, since my 2 Drupal CMS-based sites under construction stopped being accessible, both showing what i assume to be php error talked about in another thread at http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=24761

Well, I am confident, the memory issue, which has otherwise never been an issue is being addressed. :happysad:

16. nol888

nol888 New Member

I checked my error_log file and i saw this weird error:

[17-Jun-2007 10:34:51] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: suhosin: Unable to initialize module
    Module compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0
    PHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
    These options need to match
    in Unknown on line 0

Also, did you recompile GZIP, cause I get this error:

[18-Jun-2007 15:32:22] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function gzcompress() in /home/######/public_html/#####/footer.inc.php on line 37

Sustained Server

17. Livewire

Livewire Abuse Compliance Officer Staff Member

I got the same first error, cept now SMF isn't loading at all.

I'm backing up the database so if my SMF is simply FUBAR I can fix it, but I got 3 errors identical to that one yesterday when it was still working (or at least I'm pretty dang sure it still was)

Edit: If it's still dead at midnight i'm gunna erase that folder and try re-uploading; the ad's aren't displaying because the page is crashing, and I'd really like to not have to wait 4 days to try and fix it.

Edit 2: NM, SMF's back. Still had that error though, doesn't seem to have caused the implosion though (what was really weird was SMF wouldn't work but the rest of my php enabled site _did_)

Edit 3: K, it's officially DOA. And I have no clue why, but through some help in Site Management (http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=24802 , thanks Trev) we're pretty sure it has to do with the php upgrade - the last working day was Sunday (around-mid-day is when I checked on it), which seems to be when php was updated.

http://lw90210.x10hosting.com/forum/ is the forum, but it just dies out. Viewing the source reveals an empty file, and it's not generating errors that I can find.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  18. mdm88

mdm88 New Member

the sentence

$result = @mail($to, $this->subject, preg_replace("#(?<!\r)\n#s", "\n", $this->msg), $this->extra_headers);

from my phpbb forum used to work but nows gives an error

19. Bryon

Bryon I Fix Things

Sorry about the delay with these problems guys.

They will all be looked into tonight.

20. Livewire

Livewire Abuse Compliance Officer Staff Member

I'm just glad it's not something I buggered up with SMF. What's funky is the forum's been coming and going since sunday - it's up right now, but doesn't seem to like me doing much at all with navigation and whatnot :S

I feel bad for you guys; you actually have to track this stuff down >_<

Edit: hehe, it's letting me navigate, but be damned if you try to log in properly :S

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.