Php mail function not working

pizzasig

Reaction score
I know that there are probably a million threads on this already....
I have googled this for a day, and have come up dry.

I used to be able to use the mail function in php, no problem.
But a while back, it completely stopped working

I became a rebel, and created another x10 account, and tried the email function... It worked perfectly fine

Did I accidentally change some settings that I do not know about?

Thanks

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
We scan all outgoing emails for spam, and we additionally have a rate limit in place so that free hosting accounts do not send out mass amounts of emails. If your account is found to be sending a high amount of spam or tripping the rate limit, it will be blacklisted from sending emails. It looks like your account hit the rate limit and was blacklisted.

I can remove you from the blacklist if you'd like, but before I do that I want you to understand that if you get blacklisted again it will very much likely not be undone.

pizzasig

Reaction score
I was just experimenting a bit, because I am new to this php stuff.
Sorry. It won't happen again. It was foolish on my part

Edit: My friends and I, for a computer programming class, set up an pizza ordering website. Eventually,every Friday, about 50 or so people will be ordering from it. When they order, they get sent a link for canceling the order. Might this be a problem with the rate limit?
What is the rate limit? Should I be worried?

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
The limit is (I believe) 100 emails per hour, if you plan on sending more than that you can either:
1) Write a script to throttle down your email usage to under the limit (for example, sending emails in batches via cron).
2) Upgrade to x10premium where you can request for the limit to be raised on your account. We do not raise the limit upon request for Free Hosting accounts.

You should be able to send emails now.