PHP Mail() not working with gmail. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocpages

Reaction score
Hi,

My site is not sending mails to gmail emails but it is sending emails to yahoo and other hosts. Please can someone help me. Is there a problem with my account? Please help I am losing members fast.

Thank You.

sicelx10

Reaction score
Same problem here :/, i can send mails to gmail, but i cant send mails to Outlook. Im on Vox server.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi--we're looking into this.

skilltro

Reaction score
This may be too late, but I used a different approach to mailing because PHP mail() never seemed to work. Instead, I used fsockopen("ssl://smtp.gmail.com"...) and sent the email with SMTP manually.

+1 to x10 hosting for allowing fsockopen!

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
That's... not right. Our firewall should be blocking that connection. We're looking into this.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's up to Google to actually fix it; x10Hosting can only push for it.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
It's up to Google to actually fix it; x10Hosting can only push for it.

We (not x10hosting) just did one more 'send PHP mail()' test from server [ Vox ] to a Gmail account - received at Google account with no issues

Code:
Email from server Vox - PHP mail() returned TRUE
UTC timestamp Fri Apr 4,2014 23:25:50 GMT
Server timestamp Fri Apr 4,2014 18:25:50 CDT - GMT offset of -18000 seconds
Local timestamp Fri Apr 4,2014 16:25:50 - GMT offset of 25200 seconds

sicelx10

Reaction score
I sent many emails to my Outlook account and no one got received :(. Did the same with Google and the emails were sent correctly.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd reach out to Outlook/Windows Live/hotmail/Whatever it is now and see if they're blacklisting our email server.

cocpages

Reaction score
I am on absolut. I only get emails sent to ymail.com even yahoo isn't working :(

Please continue looking for a fix....

sicelx10

Reaction score
It seems that is not only x10hosting, i sent emails from php to Outlook through miarroba hosting and no emails got received. I think that the problem is with Outlook.

sicelx10

Reaction score
Still not working the php mail() function on vox servers, someone please help us D:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Again, the problem, such as it is, is at the receiving end, not the sending end. Your complaint of "I can't receive messages from my own website" to the mail provider will carry a lot more weight than x10Hosting's "our users can't send (potential spam) email to your users".

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
@essellar
It's looking like there might be a problem with our mail server rejecting some emails. we're working on repairing it.

dcc420x1

Reaction score
Further to my recent post in the cron job thread - I can now confirm that my issue is not with PHP mail specifically, but is similar to the above users.
My site needs to send verification emails to newly registered users and while I am still in the testing phase at the moment, this could become a serious issue if users are unable to sign up when we go live.

I have successfully received emails from my site to a hushmail account, but neither gmail nor hotmail are receiving emails.
Are you able to confirm if the issue is on your end or with Google/Msoft? So I can take appropriate action.

edited to add:
just this minute received an email to a gmail account, was one I sent ages ago, but it has finally arrived.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.