PHP Upload_Max_Filesize and Post_Max_Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghardin

Reaction score
These two settings need to be the same and should be 16-18mb in all versions of PHP. I had problems importing a 12mb xml file in PHP7.0 with my Joomla 3.8.3 site and it kept failing because of the post_max_filesize being 8mb. Finally, I found that PHP5.4 had the setting at 18MB and the import worked. I would much rather use 7.0 so it would be most helpful if the admins could check all PHP versions and get these settings to match AND to be of a suffice size to accommodate common files sizes in use today.
Thanks!!

lylex10h

Reaction score
I kind of wonder if this has anything to do with the 10MB file size limit.

ghardin

Reaction score
Probably. I constantly have to use cpanel to switch for PHP 7.0 back to 5.4 in order to do some uploads or file imports of data. This is really a pretty simple issue to solve. Since 7.0 is now the current supported version, it at least needs to have the same setting as 5.4, which is now only supported with security updates. I know support on the free side is volunteer only, but this is not rocket science and would only take a few minutes of someones time to fix this properly.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The settings should now be consistent across the servers and php versions, and a bit higher then they previously were as well. If you see somewhere it is still mismatched please let us know.

It is true the free hosting support is driven by volunteers primarily, I am one of them, but there's actually only a few staff members that have access to change server settings (I don't), so unfortunately it can take a bit time before the ones with access can sort even the smallest things out as they may have many other things on their to do list.

Status
Not open for further replies.