phpbb email doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skai123

Reaction score
So several months ago I was using gmail smtp and then it stopped working (new users didnt get activations emails) so i change some settings and it worked again. Then couple months past and it stopped working. So i used smtp with x10hosting email. and then it stopped working shortly after maybe a week or two. I tried every setting and nothing is working now.

These are some of the errors I got while trying out different settings:
Could not connect to smtp host : 111 : Connection refused

Errno 2: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.acchan48.net:25 (Connection refused) at [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php line 1030
Could not connect to smtp host : 110 : Connection timed out

Errno 2: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) at [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php line 1030
Could not connect to smtp host : 0 :

Errno 2: fsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number at [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php line 1030<br />
Errno 2: fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto at [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php line 1030<br />
Errno 2: fsockopen(): unable to connect to tls://smtp.gmail.com:587 (Unknown error) at [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php line 1030

Errno 2: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) at [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php line 1030

Errno 2: fsockopen(): unable to connect to tls://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) at [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php line 1030

And if I dont use smtp and used the php mail function there's no error but I never receive the email.
Seems like there's some error relating to fsockopen()...

Thanks.

dennysha

Reaction score
Same problem I'm having. Haven't found a fix yet. If I do, I will post it.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
External SMTP is disabled (or at least should be — occasionally a config error opens it for a little while before anyone notices). All mail must go through x10Hosting's outbound spam filter. Additionally, your From header must reflect an actual, existing email address belonging to your account (though you can use a different Reply-To value), and the mail must have a plain text part (preferably just plain text, in case the system is clamped down again due to excessive phishing attempts). Obviously, anything that appears spammy will eventually get you listed. And there is a maximum of 100 emails per hour, but because the queue is generally pretty full, any delay in the queue will mean that actually trying to send close to 100 emails/hour is eventually going to result in more than 100 of your mails being clocked in during a given hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.