phpBB v3 install prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

senisa

Reaction score
Hey, I tried to install phpbb v3 today and I'm kinda new so I don't know how to do things. Anyways, I uploaded it with an FTP client onto my root (I think it's my root...) ftp.senisa.exofire.net/phpbb3 and when I tried to connect to the url, www.senisa.exofire.net/phpbb3, like the site says (install guide) it shows me the "404 not found" thing. Plx help :happysad:. Am I doing something wrong? I read other things on how to install phpbb v2 so I upgraded my php to intermediate but I decided that I might as well install phpbb v3. Hellp!!!

Splatzone

Reaction score
When I tried to install phpbb3, I think I might've had to navigate to the "install" directory in my browser. That might've been something else, though.

Also, phpbb3 only really worked in the control panel for me, I prefer SMF.

TheRazor375

Reaction score
Hey, I tried to install phpbb v3 today and I'm kinda new so I don't know how to do things. Anyways, I uploaded it with an FTP client onto my root (I think it's my root...) ftp.senisa.exofire.net/phpbb3 and when I tried to connect to the url, www.senisa.exofire.net/phpbb3, like the site says (install guide) it shows me the "404 not found" thing. Plx help :happysad:. Am I doing something wrong? I read other things on how to install phpbb v2 so I upgraded my php to intermediate but I decided that I might as well install phpbb v3. Hellp!!!

There goes your problem, your not supposed to upload it to the root. Go to the folder called Public_HTML or what ever it is create a sub folder called "forum" and upload the files. After that test to see it it works by going to www.senisa.exofire.net/forums and what ever is the install guide link.

Status
Not open for further replies.