phpmyadmin can't create new database

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavyp

Reaction score
[Solved]phpmyadmin can't create new database

I cannot create new database in phpmyadmin. I noticed that in MySQL wizard you can create additional database.
So, can you enable this function in phpmyadmin as well? I would like to import tables from my old host but it seems that I don't have enough permission.

Thank you.

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Hi,

You have to create MySQL databases using cPanel, it is not possible to do it from phpMyAdmin. This is not something that we can change as it is a limitation put in place by cPanel to allow for the correct formatting of database names.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Why not use the other tool to create the database and then phpMyAdmin to import the tables?

If your MYSQL dump you are using includes "create database", make a copy of the dump and edit out the "create database" lines and then try using that.

Last edited:

heavyp

Reaction score
Thanks for the advices but the problems I'm having is that the prefix of the database name that I want to import is not the same as the one that's can be created through the wizard.

Any advices on how to bypass this?

Problem solved: I just dropped all the tables and import inside the tables created by Fantastico.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.