Pissed off by x10hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitsinha54

Reaction score
This post is not being written in anger or anything just sharing my views with degraded service of x10hosting i remember those days when i had created an account on x10hosting and was amazed that how can a free hosting be so good fast and reliable.

But things had changed here yah i know they are moving servers but for how long we have to suffer and not only server moving issue every week some new issue comes and service stop working some time sql, some time apache or whatever.

I don't want to move away from x10hosting :frown: not because that it will be painful moving the whole website and keeping the pagerank and links intact but because i am still hope that the service will become ok and server will start working lighting speed. But any man can't be positive for a very long time when he daily experience server timeout and unable to find server or connect error in his browser.

Hope things get alright with x10

cheezo

Reaction score
haven't actually experience unable to find server or connect errors lately. but sometimes it's slower.

kaloralros

Reaction score
I am currently frustrated with x10 as well. Sure, a free hosting account with limited SQL and phpbb is great. Sure, only being required to post on these forums once a month to get that is great. But... how about it's actually for the month... I logged in last night with no warnings about suspension, logged in today and i have a warning, and my account is suspended. That is unacceptable. Also, I have only HAD the account for approximately a week, MAYBE two. Soooo... once a month?

This, coupled with slow server response times for the phpBB admin control panel (through this server, i HAVE used it before with much faster access) as well as the various bits of SQL errors, downtime, etc, as well as users complaining to me that the site is offline for some reason, will ensure that I will NOT be becoming a full member, and paying for service. In fact, I am seriously beginning to consider moving hosts.

Hopefully this counts as my monthly post so I can get back to my website.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I am currently frustrated with x10 as well. Sure, a free hosting account with limited SQL and phpbb is great. Sure, only being required to post on these forums once a month to get that is great. But... how about it's actually for the month... I logged in last night with no warnings about suspension, logged in today and i have a warning, and my account is suspended. That is unacceptable. Also, I have only HAD the account for approximately a week, MAYBE two. Soooo... once a month?

This, coupled with slow server response times for the phpBB admin control panel (through this server, i HAVE used it before with much faster access) as well as the various bits of SQL errors, downtime, etc, as well as users complaining to me that the site is offline for some reason, will ensure that I will NOT be becoming a full member, and paying for service. In fact, I am seriously beginning to consider moving hosts.

You don't need to post to stay active. Just login to the forums though you should stay a while to ensure the system records your visit.

mylifestyle

Reaction score
I know what you mean...it's pretty much the same for me.
Infact it was not very long ago that I was actively recommending X10 to my friiends, subscribers etc but it all seems to have gone 'down hill' very quickly.

It's every day now that the service slows up or I can't get access via cpanel or FTP AND the site just 'can't be found'.

This past Sunday was the worst I've known...don't know what was going on but it was almost impossible to get connected in any way
and my thoughts of upgrading to the paid hosting has vanished.

Like you, I hope that the service improves and gets back to as it used to be otherwise I can see people leaving here very quickly.

Good luck & Best wishes
DCIFR

rohitsinha54

Reaction score
My hopes are gone now i am almost sure that those beautiful days of x10hosting will never come back because few months ago also i posted a thread regarding this only and that time i was given assurance that once the server relocation gets completed everything will be ok its been many days and i think all server are moved (They can still say that they are moving as an excuse though :frown:) but i think every time there is something wrong with x10hosting cpanel error, server downtime, sql error, this that and god knows what what there are other free hosts also they don't face these much problem.

I got x10hosting account because year ago it was best there were no other host which provide cpanel every one had vista panel and forget about cpanel thing x10hosting speed, service everything was mind blowing but things are the other way round now i think its hard to find a free hosting provider with a poor performance than x10.

I know its a free hosting account and other thing but hey you only on your hompage under
FREE HOSTING write this:

"When it comes to free web site hosting, x10Hosting is an industry leader; the features offered in our packages are unparalleled compared to our competition."

Yah correct features what's the use of the all the feature when the website don't ever loads. Don't give us new upgraded features just give us our old x10hosting back which was there for us every time we needed it.

"
Our customers have peace of mind knowing their site will be here tomorrow."

Yah we have a complete peace of mind when we type the URL we just wish god please open please open now unable to connect no mysql warning please . What a peace of mind......

GIVE US OUR OLD X10 :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::mad:

sinnes

Reaction score
I signed up last week so I could host my resume - a fairly low-impact thing. Today, however, a potential employer wrote me to say that they couldn't access anything at all. This is infuriating for someone who is desperate for a job. I've done everything right, as far as I can tell anyway, and at this moment, it works. If it goes down again, however, I am going to have to go somewhere else. :frown:

priyaa161

Reaction score
hmm. Members are increasing with incredible speed and since it's free they may have limited money to invest. But I really curious to know whether they have upgraded or degraded their servers cause Singlehop is one of the cheapest datacenter I've noticed so far. Expensive are not always better but most of the time they are.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score

Regarding suspension I noticed that you didn't even have the forum account when your hosting account was suspended, which probably is why it was suspended as inactive after only about a week. Only logins to the forums (here) will count towards inactivity timer.

Posting is optional.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
So the system suspends an unlinked hosting account after a couple of weeks instead of after 31 days?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
So the system suspends an unlinked hosting account after a couple of weeks instead of after 31 days?

Yes, upon a check the system would not be able to determine last login at the forums and mark it as inactive in that case.

priyaa161

Reaction score
but I didn't get suspended even when my account was unlinked for a month. Thank You God and Thank You x10hosting staff.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, upon a check the system would not be able to determine last login at the forums and mark it as inactive in that case.

It would be really nice if that, and other information, was more widely known.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
but I didn't get suspended even when my account was unlinked for a month. Thank You God and Thank You x10hosting staff.

During the migrations the suspension script were not run for a good while.

It would be really nice if that, and other information, was more widely known.

They were previously suspended with the reason "No forum account linked", the fact it now says inactivity is probably new since the upgrade of control panel.

It is actually mentioned in the warning e-mail sent out, not specifically that it is gonna get suspended for not being linked, but that the login to forum is required and that there is currently no link.
x10Hosting has an inactivity policy that will soon affect your hosting account ******. We require all users to access our forums and login at least once per month. At this time, your x10Hosting client account does not have an x10Hosting forum account attached to it.

Last edited:

castler

Reaction score
I'm also very fustrated @ the site builder & site going down due to curruption in software, its not my site, but its X10 - support is poor when trying to get this resolved. This has occured @ least 3x since site re-creation. Its a real pain when rebuilding the Forum I could care less about the site itself, but trying to re-do 260 files, readd text to every file, its a pain. This has occured on Stoli I know, not sure bout the other servers.

astos1344

Reaction score
I'm also very fustrated @ the site builder & site going down due to curruption in software, its not my site, but its X10 - support is poor when trying to get this resolved. This has occured @ least 3x since site re-creation. Its a real pain when rebuilding the Forum I could care less about the site itself, but trying to re-do 260 files, readd text to every file, its a pain. This has occured on Stoli I know, not sure bout the other servers.

well at least you didn't have your entire web cleared out during the databse transfer. i lost my entire data last time. 3 years worth of works, suddenly gone.

dlukin

Reaction score
The worst part is that the Staff do not seem to care.
Downtime? "Get paid hosting"
Advertised feature missing? "Do it manually"
Server down? "Staff are looking into it" ... Have you contacted the Staff? No answer.
Server down? "Read the notices!!!! link" ... but 90% they do not put up a service alert
Server down? Reason? They never tell.
Lost all your files and data during the migration? They don't even tell you that you have to start from scratch. They tell you they are "looking into it" when they knew there were no backups.

and the list goes on.

castler

Reaction score
well at least you didn't have your entire web cleared out during the databse transfer. i lost my entire data last time. 3 years worth of works, suddenly gone.

Yeah, I would be extremely mad for that!

castler

Reaction score
The worst part is that the Staff do not seem to care.
Downtime? "Get paid hosting"
Advertised feature missing? "Do it manually"
Server down? "Staff are looking into it" ... Have you contacted the Staff? No answer.
Server down? "Read the notices!!!! link" ... but 90% they do not put up a service alert
Server down? Reason? They never tell.
Lost all your files and data during the migration? They don't even tell you that you have to start from scratch. They tell you they are "looking into it" when they knew there were no backups.

and the list goes on.

Couldn't agree more!

Status
Not open for further replies.