Please review my index page. =P

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey guys, me and my girlfriend have just started creating our new site, we are looking for ideas on the design of it. Our index page is up and we are thinking of using that sort of design as a template for the rest of the site, please give us your opinions on what is good and what could be improved.

http://hellsheep.x10hosting.com

Thanks.

tesyoo

Reaction score
those link should change to something prettier. when the mouse hover over them should also be changed. try to use another color, there only white,grey and black.

uniflare

Reaction score
I find the layout quite good actually, it's just the minor details that get me.
The colors are simple and I like simple :p.

Though it does need touching up, the content text might need to be re-aligned so it fits nice n snug.

The links may need a little space-padding on the left side.

Also you might want to add some extra details for other pages to 'fill' them out so to speak.

Nice layout though I'd give 8/10 imagination, but without the touch-ups I'd say 5/10 implementation (Outcome).

tittat

Reaction score
I think top navigation will work better than the side navigation.
Your header is quite fine,but it is not perfectly matching with the background.(that boundary is clearly visible)

JuniorD

Reaction score
the background image in the header seems a it fuzzy. try something else.

relisys

Reaction score
i would suggest try blending you banners in with you back ground more,

also extend you text box, but yeah this good work!

kirtik

Reaction score
I think the banners are too big for what they actually have in them...? Also, is there a reason for the text being stuffed to the right side of the box? And I agree with relisys with blending the background of the image with the actual background of the site. Nice navbar though :)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments, also the text on the right side is there, on the left side is actually another WHOLE new box, which will be where a php news section will be, i will be creating news daily for my site, in which i will use php to load the news from the file.

That is why the text on the right is there.