Please take a look! :)

DSiDesign

Reaction score
Hi everyone...
I'm in the process of setting up an online Graphic Design service, and chose x10hosting to host my new site..
It's taken me a while to configure all the php/javascript/html, and HOPEFULLY it all works properly...
However the only testing that's been done is by me..
So i'd REALLY appreciate some through testing by you guys before the site goes live.. I'm aware that some of the built in effects work only on MSIE 6+ however, i don't know how it looks on other Web Browsers..

Could you please review my site at http://www.dsidesign.x10hosting.com
And post feedback via the built-in 'Contact' page...

I'd much appreciate ANY feedback, on functionality/layout/etc...

And as it stands, you may notice that my portfolio is a tad bleak, so.. If anyone out there is designing a site on x10hosting, yet lacks the eye for design to make your site stand out - contact me, and I'm willing to design your site for free, (as long as I believe the content of your site is appropriate for mine...)

Thanks in advance...
Daniel Sands..
(Daniel Sands interactive Design, 2007)

tonecas

Reaction score
I think you could change the inicial page background to the same color as the second [enter] page background.

DSiDesign

Reaction score
Do you mean the enter page background should be the 'palegoldenrod' colour, too? Yes, i'm working on the enter page at the moment actually. Any other comments?

ZeptOr

Reaction score
looks good. On the portfolio page, you might want to make the reflection of the slideshow fade into the background. That might look nice.

DSiDesign

Reaction score
Good idea.. Got a bit of work to do on the Client Area at the moment, but thanks for the feedback, do you have a site you want reviewing? If so, reply with your url and i'll check it out ;)

cityeyes

Reaction score
Wow, looks pretty great! I agree with the congruency, the title page should reflect the inside (or vice versa). It'd just look cleaner that way. That or you could just go without the entrance page altogether (since it's not really needed once you get into the site - even if it DOES look nice).

Cool site!

DSiDesign

Reaction score
Wierd, cityeyes.. I just left a reply on your thread pointing you to my site :)
As i said - I'm working on the welcome page.. The about page (as you may of noticed) is a tad bare, and hence i don't want to direct visitors there originally, i was going to use the welcome screen as a kinda show-case to demonstrate recent projects.. But as it stands, i'm just going to do a little work on it.. I agree it doesn't flow with the rest of the site..
Edit:
UPDATE: I've updated the welcome screen... Feedback?

Last edited:

port5900

Reaction score
your images are a bit to heavy. Dont make them Transparent png's
just make them png8 and use the background color.

DSiDesign

Reaction score
on the portfolio?..
did have issues with that.. I have to use transparent png's to make the picture blend into the one underneath it.. It shouldn't cause any lags in the motion of the slideshow - as all images are loaded into the cache when the page is loaded..

curt15

Reaction score
Slightly off topic. Im sure I have seen you on deviantArt, are you on there?

Secondly, cool Ts and Cs, where do I get me some like that?

Finally. I really like your site, its unique and cool.

curt15

Reaction score
I meant that as a compliment... they are very professional/lawyerly.

DSiDesign

Reaction score
I know dude, sorry to come across like that :)
If you wish, feel free to copy them, and alter them to fit your needs.

guraot

Reaction score
nice site, i envy you for having the skills to come up with an attractive website. It's really cool! I wish I could do something like that. Anyway, I used also x10hosting as my free host for my website i made using frontpage. I am using this amateur site for my portfolio also. You can check it out if you want coz I think it really needs improvement. I am using this site for my job applications here in dubai. This is the site www.zumedina.x10hosting.com . Thanks.;)

reglus

Reaction score
I thjink the grunge look makes it really effective. However the initial page you first visit needs some work. the only thing that spoils it is one the left and right the background dosent match.

1erik1

Reaction score
On the entry page please shorten the background image's width. I got a horizontal scroll bar. I hate horizontal scroll bars.

Otherwise I love the design and look of the website. But I didn't quite understand members...? And the images in the portfolio did take a lil while to load for their size.

theafterthought

Reaction score
Great look to the site, it works nicely and presents your business model really well! The images do take a little while to load, but that is to be expected with high quality images, which you need to present a site centering on design. Just a little spelling mistake though on the enter page - "Brochures" not "Brocures"... I hope that wouldn't be too difficult to edit, but if it is it's probably still worth doing, seeing as it's the first thing the potential customer sees. I think the graphic itself and the text style works excellently though.

Good job overall ;)

kbjradmin

Reaction score
the site looks great, the one thing i really noticed was that, for having so many pictures and such makes your site loads up very quickly. just something i noticed.i would give it 8/10.

good luck with the site! :)

For Anyone Interested: I am holding a http://forums.x10hosting.com/marketplace/59015-low-stakes-credit-raffle.html on this forum. It's only 100¢ to get in with 6.67% odds at 1000¢ or 300¢ to get in with 20% odds at 1000¢.

Last edited: