Plugins For WordPress.org Needing Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

batbrats

Reaction score
Hello I am new to x10hosting.com my name is Amanda.

I have a website set up but I am not understanding one feature (Add New Plugins). Seems to not be available in my Admins dashboard for WordPress. I am an autistic person so I think I am having problems understanding everything I have read. I thought I could get help here. Do I need to add something to my website for it to allow this function or is it not available? Thank you.

lylex10h

Reaction score
Hi Amanda and welcome to x10.

When you are in the WordPress Admin dashboard, you should see a listing for "Plugins" below Appearance and above Users. If you place your mouse cursor over "Plugins" a sub-menu should open and the second option should be "Add New". Click on "Add New" and that should take you to a page to add new plugins. See the attached screenshot.

If that does not work, try going to wp-admin/plugin-install.php

Attachments

• wp-plugins-addnew.png
    wp-plugins-addnew.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 5

batbrats

Reaction score
Thank you, I do not have that setting on my admin page, there's no sub-menu available. What do I do with wp-admin/plugin-install.php? I am still learning how to code so any help would be nice. I know the basics.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you take a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can determin on how to best direct you?

You did login to your own admin panel and not at wordpress.org right? You should login at youraddress.x10host.com/wp-login.php to reach the menu lylex10h is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.