Posting in forum once a month

basrah_university68

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does any one know why this company require account owners to log in to the forum once a month at leat?

Is there a reaosn for this?

Thanks,

Basrah University website (non official).

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is a way for us to ensure that the account linked to the forum account is being used, and not sitting idly. It also helps keep users up to date by allowing them a chance to read the news and announcements.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

jensenajob22

Reaction score
i think i remember that it is stated that you do not need to post once a month, you need to lock IN once a month?
In that light - so what if you never lock out..
The bottom line would be - You need to visit the forums once a month -right?

(now i posted this month.. :p)

Br.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
i think i remember that it is stated that you do not need to post once a month, you need to lock IN once a month?
In that light - so what if you never lock out..
The bottom line would be - You need to visit the forums once a month -right?

You do not have to post.
Just, come, log into the Forum.
The system monitors activity, so if you log in and never log out, it will not consider it "visiting" for as long as you are logged on, just as long as your last page view.

remy87x18

Reaction score
You do not have to post.
The system monitors activity, so if you log in and never log out, it will not consider it "visiting" for as long as you are logged on, just as long as your last page view.
Let me get this straight, if you log in and later log out, then the system monitors it as a visiting. Does that have the same meaning as though you were never log in to begin with?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Loading a page while logged in == activity/visiting

Never logging out, but never loading a page for 31 days == 31 days of inactivity == suspension

netstat12387

Reaction score
:wink:Logging in to the forums helps observers at the star system Vega to accurately monitor our progress.
That is all......... communication ended.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
To put an end to this:

You must visit the forums as a logged in user once per month. No posting. No other activity.

If you don't (and this is the reason why the requirement is in place) it is assumed you no longer require x10Hosting's services and your site is consequently suspended. After another length of time if you do not do this and also unsuspend yourself, the account is deleted. I think it's an additional 14 days but do not quote me on that.

It doesn't take much to log in once a month, or even once a week to be on the safe side, so this is seen to be a fair 'cost' (that is the wrong word) to having a free hosting account. Of course, the alternative is a premium (paid) account!

Any questions?

ADDENDUM: I have a question, actually: who's said you're required to actually POST a message once a month?

Last edited:

arniep36

Reaction score
Maybe there could be a thread just for people to do their once a month posting. :biggrin:

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
It's already been said; you do Not need to post to get the monthly update registered on your account.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Quite easy.
Use this script:Nuked by Livewire

Yeah, use that if you want to get manually suspended for bypassing the rule. Seriously, if you think it's that difficult to login once a month, then this hosting probably isn't for you.

As a side note, said script would qualify for a Script Hosting suspension, and depending on the reviewer would -also- qualify for a Proxy suspension since it proxies our own forums. The TOS does say that ain't allowed, so don't try it.

Last edited:

electro.jake60

Reaction score
This thread is rather entertaining in its own right.
So then, Let me ask the next question here...
If I ask; "how often do we have to post a message", will the moderator blow a fuse?

Just wondering,
thinking-018.gif

-Ej-

Darkmere

Reaction score
This thread is rather entertaining in its own right.
So then, Let me ask the next question here...
If I ask; "how often do we have to post a message", will the moderator blow a fuse?

Just wondering,
thinking-018.gif

-Ej-

You dont have to post at all just log in

netstat12387

Reaction score
I still believe that the vegans like to watch us

If I get suspended after this I will know its true.

Please consider this my monthly visit...have a happy New Year...I'm going to take my medication now.

electro.jake60

Reaction score
I still believe that the vegans like to watch us
If I get suspended after this I will know its true.
Please consider this my monthly visit...have a happy New Year...
I'm going to take my medication now.

Heh-heh... netstat, I like your style.
Good post.

And hey forum admin... Thanks for being easy-going on this.
This is actually shaping up to be a pretty cool thread. :cool:
Just sayin'
-Ej-

yarlpavanan81

Reaction score
I like this policy that it help to me.
I refer the latest news and learn more when I login the forum.