Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I prefer using the ticket system

Votes: 87 68.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankfriend

Reaction score
I voted for the Ticket system because it is trackable, and its history is all there. But the forum is also very useful for issues wider than X10 hosting which wouldn't fit the ticket system very well. For example I've had excellent replies to questions like 'why doesn't sound work on video with a new Adobe release' - X10 solved it, and Adobe did not.

jantom

Reaction score
Having worked in IT for a long time I suggest that a ticket system should always be the preferrable method of reporting. When done correctly, it provides for a responsible tracking trail of events and in the long run, improves the quality of response and turnaround time. By correctly, I mean that is is the user's responsibility to fill out the ticket properly and with all the information they are asked for, whether they think it is necessary or not and it is the help desks' responsibility to hand off in a timely matter to the person or area responsible for that particular response. This reporting method allows for the creation of an accurate Known Problem Database which should feed the FAQ section of the support section and ultimately lessen support tickets.

nchgaming

Reaction score
Why does there need to be a preference???
Why can't we just have both for two different reasons...?

Forums: Faster more "At the moment support" for those who don't know why their site dissappeared again...
and...

Support Ticket: for the more complex problems that require a more technical level of support.

Both of these methods offer invaluable information and support. If EITHER dissappeared..so would I.

Audiolis

Reaction score
Okey here my thoughts :p

I really like the ticket system. It makes the hosting support more professional and it seems that the costumer has an exclusive servicer for him. (From a staff view) We really have the tickets organized and when we're giving support is really easy answer tickets. (From the user view) They can answer tickets via email, and it's really confortable because they don't have to navigate lots of pages.

Btw, I've voted for the forum support. If we're looking to have the "issues" organized, we have lots of forum categories like "Support level 2" etc... (even in the spanish community). We have the "quick answer" option so is not so difficult to answer neither. Also, when you wirte in the forums, you can set an style for the answer, I mean (Color, size, images ...) and I'ts better to read to have different colors and sizes than seeing everything black an white.

Now that we have the ticket system, we have increased our support, but we have decreased a lot the activity of the forums, and the forums is one thing that makes the hosting seem alive !

I agree with Kansy

Status
Not open for further replies.