"pro edition" sitebuilder error

hourican

Reaction score
- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.?

Any ideas? TIA

Nathan H

Reaction score
Well, it's impossible for there to be more than one index page, so trying to install 2 scripts in the same directory in iteself is hard. You can just put scripts in folders and use includes or links to access them.

hourican

Reaction score
There's now nothing other than index.html and dot files in the public_html/ .... same error. Have dumped the wordpress db and any other scripts.

I'm presuming that the 'root of the domain' is public_html/ ?

What I would do for an ssh and a tail -f on a few error logs.

Again any help gratefully appreciated.

TIA

Tom:dunno:

Nathan H

Reaction score
Well, SSH is available on paid accounts from what iv heard, you'll have to ask an administrator. And i'm not compltetly sure about youer main problem, what are you trying to do and what are the results you are getting?

hourican

Reaction score
I've used cPanel to access fantastico and from there to install soholaunch pro edition. It's a pretty complex idiot proof and quick sitebuilder, which from their website looks pretty comprehensive. I've posted on their forums but I'd already tried everything they suggested. I have a paid account here so I'll see what the possibilities are.

Thanks again, and if you find something popping into your head that might be relevant I'd appreciate it.

hourican

Reaction score
Re: "pro edition" sitebuilder error - Now fixed

The secret was to avoid fantastico and use the site software option on cPanel instead. Got it going, tried soholaunch and then decided to dump it. Another day, another dollar.

Thanks for your attention.