problem with nameservers

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonioj

Reaction score
just bought a domain from godaddy.com. I already added the nameservers to it (antoniojennings.com), but everytime I try to add a parked domain on cPanel I get his message:

"Could not determine the nameserver IP addresses for “antoniojennings.com”. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar. "

I was wondering what was going on.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
This was a known bug with the [ x10Hosting Basic ] control panel - where websites and domains no longer seem to be adding properly - you can try the standard [ cPanel x3 ] theme by clicking on the "Switch Theme" button at the top of the screen (after you log-in) then select the [ cPanel x3 ] theme

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Antonio,

Currently your domain appears to be pointing to different nameservers. Please could you ensure you have changed your nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, and try again?

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
nameservers for domain [ antoniojennings.com ] are NOT set to x10hosting's - when looking from the Internet
see --> [ http://whois.domaintools.com/antoniojennings.com ] (near bottom of page)

EDIT: 21:50 2015-03-03 UTC
nameservers are NOW set to x10hosting's...
Name Server: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
You may want to check with GoDaddy customer service why isn't the name server information updated in the whois service or better yet ask if it was actually applied (also mentioning the whois).

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score

Phoenix-Wolf

Reaction score
The actual Go-Daddy site is a little tricky to navigate, at least for me. You have to really pay attention and get to the right place. On your domain information area, you should see the X10 names servers listed not theirs if it was parked there before, and also you cant use “antoniojennings.com” as your nameservers there. It has to read
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
or it wont fly.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I've heard mixed reviews. My domain registrar just points to CloudFlare which is certainly easier to use when I do make changes, but they're few and far between.

Phoenix-Wolf

Reaction score
Mine also, that makes it even harder when i try to go back in an change nameservers, i have to learn all over again :)

antonioj

Reaction score

Phoenix-Wolf

Reaction score
Ive had that same issue lately with another host (Paid) but everything seems to lock in here instantly ? Must be that X10 just has better reception :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.