Problems from the move? Post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are having problems with your account due to the server move please post here.

INCLUDE DOMAIN & USERNAME when posting or you will not be helped. Also please try pinging your site to see what IP it is at and post that also.

-Corey

jeffrios

Reaction score
survivorstuff.x10hosting.com
Jeffrios
IP: 64.92.165.74

My awstats and my bandwith moniter do not have any values for them, they are at 0. Are my stats files corrupt?
Also I am trying to make a public ftp account, I am using this address to login:
ftp.survivorstuff.x10hosting.com
But I am getting a Error 421 "Unable to set up anoynamous ftp"

Last edited:

javaguy78

Reaction score
I have a CMS that I am building that requires the httpd server to have permissions to write to various directories, as the CMS works using flat files rather than a database. On the old server, The CMS worked with permissions 755 - as if the httpd daemon used my creditentials to access/write files.

Since the move, my site doesn't work properly with permissions of 755. I have to change the permissions to an unsecure 777 (both files and directories) in order for my CMS to run.

So, My question is thus, will the new server's httpd daemon eventually be able to read/write files with permissions of 755? If not, is there a way through cpanel to bulk change permissions of a directory and all files under that directory? I can do it from the command prompt by executing chmod -R 777 directory/, but I don't have ssh/telnet access.

My account info:
Username: cschalk
Domain: themaskedcrusader.exofire.net

xyanide

Reaction score
Username: hutjens6
domain: http://xyanidex.x10hosting.com

My domain is online, but all the files that were in there are gone?. the directory morp is gone, and al the other directorys are empty.

Did anything go wrong during the move?, or am I in the last 5%?

- Xyanide

*Edit: ip: 64.92.165.74

Last edited:

yahia

Reaction score
Real problem.

Hi,
Here's my account info:
Username: yahia
Domain: yahia.exofire.net

I was able to access everything in the site for the past 30 minutes, but now, everything is down again.
Strangely, I can always access my sybdomain antiblog.yahia.exofire.net [not because I have it cached locally, I checked] and that's all. No CPanel, no antiblog.yahia.exofire.net/sub_folder .. nothing: not even the domain, yahia.exofire.net.

Another strange thing is that when I try to load antiblog.yahia.exofire.net/sub_folder (any folder under that domain), it just gives me a blank page withe the URL in the window title.

I de- and re-connected my oruter but nothing has changed.
help..

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If your account is messed up do not touch it, it will be re-copied wiping out what is currently there

Last edited by a moderator:

pippa

Reaction score
Username : ugnip
subdomain: pippaish.x10hosting.com
ip: 72.232.204.42

I get an unable to connect, could not find server message when i try to load the page. cPanel and ftp seem work fine...

Thanks

InfoSys

Reaction score
Hi Corey. Thanks you very much by your effort.-
I have a rare problem when attempt to install Joomla! 1.0.11.
All this files*
administrator/backups/No puede ser escritoadministrator/components/No puede ser escritoadministrator/modules/No puede ser escritoadministrator/templates/No puede ser escritocache/No puede ser escritocomponents/No puede ser escritoimages/No puede ser escritoimages/banners/No puede ser escritoimages/stories/No puede ser escritolanguage/No puede ser escritomambots/No puede ser escritomambots/content/No puede ser escritomambots/editors/No puede ser escritomambots/editors-xtd/No puede ser escritomambots/search/No puede ser escritomambots/system/No puede ser escritomedia/No puede ser escritomodules/No puede ser escritotemplates/No puede ser escrito
And No puede ser escrito = Unwriteable

Why happens this?

Sorry for my bad english,:drool:.

Information.

Domain: http://info-sys.exofire.net

Username: in the forum infosys and in the CPANEL mindokan.

_Tiffosi_

Reaction score
Username : tiffosi
subdomain: sep.exofire.net
ip: 72.232.204.42

where is my site?!

swrpg

Reaction score
username: swrpg
site: samuraiwarrior.x10hosting.com
ftp dosen't work

Master Yoda

Reaction score
username: yoda
subdomain: mattridolfo.x10hosting.com
IP: 64.92.165.74

Seems as though that everything is there, but some pages (My MyBB testing forum) will show up just fine but some pages just won't show up and a good example are my 2 phphbb3 BETA1 and BETA2 test boards.

fallen1

Reaction score
the10th.exofire.net
fallen1

I get this message while trying to install PNC (Php Nuke Clans):

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'fallen1_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/fallen1/public_html/install301.php on line 296
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'fallen1_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I put all the MYSQL info in and triple checked to see if it all is right, and it is. I gane the MYSQL User all the permissions, did everying their site says to do and still nothing... might this be because the DNS server is down?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Cynical said:
Domain: snsoftware.net
cPanel: cynicmwm

My site just plain 'ol ain't showing up, nor is cPanel, but I see others' sites are showing up.

Works for me..did you flush and then re-register dns

People go to Command Promt and run

Code:
ipconfig/flushdns

then

Code:
ipconfig/registerdns

as Cynical's site came up after i did that:)

Cynical

Reaction score
Still doesn't work for me :(. I'll mess with it some more though, thats for the tip, I didn't even think of flushing out my DNS.

My alternate URL isn't working for me either: www.cynicalgames.com.

EDIT: Thought I'd point out I can't ping snsoftware.net or cynicalgames.com, dunno if that's any help.

Last edited:

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Cynical, try clearing out all of your browser cache. I just checked your site and it is fine.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Cynical said:
Still doesn't work for me :(. I'll mess with it some more though, thats for the tip, I didn't even think of flushing out my DNS.

My alternate URL isn't working for me either: www.cynicalgames.com.

EDIT: Thought I'd point out I can't ping snsoftware.net or cynicalgames.com, dunno if that's any help.

Can you ping the IP....if not your ISP blocked it..if you can try restarting computer, router, modem, everything then clear cache and try that.;)

Cynical

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I wiped my cache and rebooted, and things seem to be working fine... odd how it was just my site.

I'm all set now, thanks again :).

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
username: fedlerne
site: easymoney.x10hosting.com
ip: 64.92.165.74

I can't create addon domains, or subdomains... Don't really know why..

Status
Not open for further replies.