Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at Port 80 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrappermsg56

Reaction score
Chopin problem. Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at Port 80 ???

Hello my site not open message error

Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at Port 80

my server is the Chopin.

Last edited:

critter74854

Reaction score
From my experiences, when things go wrong like this I have a serious think about redirecting my domain to a backup host.
But in this case (Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at Port 80 - error) I was able to redirect my domain to the root of my x10 domain.

Domain gets redirected to http://chook.x10.bz/chookchooks.com

Since the US will most likely have a long weekend, it may be a little while before anyone gets a chance to even consider looking into this.

Once they have and fix it, I'll be able to remove the redirect back to normal and wait for the next x10 break down. (see the server page on my site)

Considering it's a free service and I know they do their best, a backup plan is always good to have.

good luck with it.

Jim_NU0C

Reaction score
Same problem here, and not fixed yet. Apparently this has been going on since at least early Friday morning (USA time). Cpanel works and all my files are where they are supposed to be. Redirecting my domain to the absolute path from the account root is only a partial solution, as my SMF forum is hosed unless I repath everything in it. I can understand people being out enjoying the holiday, but a little better communication on this issue would be nice. The last update on the status page seems to say that everything is resolved.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Well, I seem to have dug myself into a deeper hole. I have an add-on domain that is registered with GoDaddy from when we had it on a different host for several years. The web site was moved to x10 about a year ago. Investigating my add-on domain setup in cPanel, I found that it had been mysteriously changed. My path for the add-on domain was public_html/THISFOLDER, it was changed to public_html/thisfoldersx, and an empty folder thisfoldersx has been added under public_html in the directory tree (hence the LiteSpeed 404 error). The original folder is still there with all my web site and forum files intact, and is accessible by using the absolute path, and is viewable via FTP and cPanel. Adding a redirect to the proper folder didn't work; it created a mod_rewrite in .htaccess in the new folder, but still 404.

So I'm thinking, "OK, I can fix this". Can't change the add-on domain path in cPanel, so I tried to remove the add-on and recreate it pointing to the correct location. This didn't work. I get the following error in cPanel when I try to recreate the add-on:

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 108.178.57.230,99.198.122.2 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

GoDaddy is pointing to nameservers NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM for my domain, which appear to be correct. This looks like a server side problem, and we may be out of luck until staff gets back from holiday to fix things.

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
I am also on Chopin and was waiting til they said, "Complete", before I said anything but going to my site brings up an "Index of/" page that displays no files with a "Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at www.piratesgoldentertainment.co.cc Port 80" message. In addition I have another fully complete site at: www.piratesgoldentertainment.co.cc/original and when I attempt to view that site I get a 404 Not Found The resource requested could not be found on this server!