PS3 Or XBOX 360

beandab

Reaction score
Good morning,
I intend to buy a console games and I hesitate between two consoles: the PS and XBOX 360.

Let me advise you take?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Well, both console has it's advantages and drawbacks, so it's up to you really. The PS3 is more powerful, but lacks players on multiplayer games. The XBox 360 has a lot more games, but the controllers drive me mental. The PS3 has better graphics and the controller is better in my opinion, so I prefer the PS3.

But as I said above, both consoles have their advantages and disadvantages. It really depends on your personal preference.

-Luke.

Evocation

Reaction score
Both are fine consoles, I opted for the Ps3 has my main choice, though I might get a x360 later in it's life cycle... This might be slightly biased to PS3 btw

the cost of the PS3 are that it does work out cheaper if you play to take full advantage of it's features, the x360 is a cheaper core system, but if you were to add all the extras onto it your looking at it costing more.

Games really comes down to what you prefer, at the moment games basically preform the same on both machines and unless you do some heavy comparisons you can't really tell the difference. However the Ps3 is harder both because of it's hardware and API to make games for so you'll notices games will improve though it's life cycle were x360games have peeked.
The main thing with the games though, is the collection itself, and while the x360 has a larger selection, which is better comes down to your own taste, but the collection exclusives which are a systems main selling point can be taken down by quite a large amount if you have a descent PC
As the x360 has been out longer though, you have a collection of cheaper games to play and catch up on, while most Ps3 games are still not in a budget range yet

Reliability, while the ps3 can also have problems the RROD is still a problem even with new x360's, though the chances of it now are far smaller. The X360 comes with 3 years warrenty now though I believe anyway
Despite this the x360's cooling system is still very loud compared with the PS3

software/OS this is were MS know what they're doing, The Ps3's is more customizable and I feel has a cleaner and nicer feel, the x360 functions a lot better, and takes quite afew features into itself instead of leaving the developers to incorpate them into the games
The PS3 requires most games to have an install on it's HDD, these can be anywhere up to 5GB or so, which might eat a 40GB HDD up quite fast, but the Ps3's HDD can be upgraded quite easly and cheaply to a much bigger one. But this does take away from one of the nice facts that consoles games are kinda plug and play...

The controler, I have to say that I find it hard to choose which I prefer, I personally like the triggers on the PS3 much as other don't and found it really strange trying to play DMC4 with a x360.. but this again is really what you prefer.

Better system Ps3 better games x360

medina

x10 Addict
Community Support
Reaction score
The PS3 have better Graphics GB Ram confort etc etc but the Xbox 360 is more cheaper than ps3 and there are many games for 360 !!!!...

VPmase

Reaction score
Go with the Wii!!!
Lol woot! xD

For real though, if you have the 600 dollars plus the extra 60 for each game I'd buy the PS3. MGS4 and Haze are incredible games for it and there are others too, like Army of Two and etc.

Edit- Reason I say 600 dollars is bc having the downgraded one isn't worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I pick "or." The reason for this is? The PC completely destroys both of these consoles in their tracks and sends them back into the factory. When it comes down to it, PCs can hold at higher resolutions, better graphics, AND can run at faster framerates with anti-aliasing far beyond what a game console can handle. Also with game consoles, you're stuck with a controller unless you wish to hack the firmware on there and get yourself something else, whereas the PC, just pop it into USB and you're all set. No USB? No problem! Just use a Serial port. Multiplayer? Awesome. PCs, unlike both of these consoles which need broadband, can do dial-up and allow you to play games over that connection.

But for the sake of the debate, I'd say PS3. While there may not be that many games, the PS3 was in fact entirely custom design, and while the Xbox 360 may have some custom parts such as a custom video card layout from ATi, the PS3 would clearly come out on top, not because of the slow Blu-Ray player, but because of performance. The PS3 has enough power to be able to run Windows Vista without a problem, and has enough power to handle Crysis with some noticable frame loss. Plus, Multiplayer is free. On the XBox, they are known to get the RRoD very common because of overheating, and you have to pay for online play which goes via XBox live, and unlike the PC or PS3 which can host games from your connection or from another server, XBox Live is technically tied to their servers, which means on busy nights, expect some lagging. There are very few games for the XBox that will use your connection to host games.

But off of the sake of the topic, the PC is the true winner. Very flexable in speed, performance, upgrades, etc despite being a bit more expensive than a console.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I know lol, but I did stick the topic based thing in my post, so do I still win? :D

unit9311

Reaction score
i would say get the ps3...i got two ps3 ..one for my wife and me so we dont fight over it when playing cod4 :p

And remember the ps3 has a Blu-ray in it...and just like other ppl have said it free to play online..

peace
paul

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Get a 360. It's got better games as well as more games in general, better online components, and most games look the same or better than the PS3 counter parts and better exclusives.

Want some comparisons of games?

Go here, here and here.

Want video comparisons? Go here.

As for features like Blu-ray...There's a blu-ray player in development for the 360.

Last edited:

Domenico

Reaction score
I like the wii. ;)

Anyway, what it comes down to is the ps3 has potential but the 360 is better right now, let me explain. The 360 has better online and more triple A games (Halo3, COD4, Bioshock, Gears Of War, Etc.). BUT the ps3 can play Bluray DVDs, is going to have Triple A games soon, has way more processing potential and it's online is slowly coming along. SO, in a couple years, when developers really push the limits of the console then there will be games that look noticeably better then 360 games, think of it this way, 360 games look almost exactly the same as ps3 games now, but developers had an extra year to get used to developing for the 360.

Sony once said that the ps3 will last 10 years before they will need to replace it with something better. They can probably be held to that, the ps2 lasted 7 years...

SO, if you're rich get them both, if you can't live without MGS4 get a ps3, if you're poor get a Wii and if you love online get a 360.

Sohail

Reaction score
This thread comes up a lot here... I would have to say PS3 because of its 50GB blu-ray disc meaning that you get the best of HD entertainment, the graphics are simply amazing, you don't have to pay to play online (though you do on the xbox), it has the XMB installed which is one of the most easiest interfaces to use. Soon 'home' will be coming in a PS3 update, this isn't easy to explain but is a massive development for the PS3 so i suggest you Google it.

It has a built in internet browser with flash plus it is easy to use, if you wanted you could connect a mouse and keyboard via USB. Most games have online play so you don't have to keep going though the story mode and trust me, it gets a bit boring having to complete a game 5 times in a row ;). You can even install an OS on it. During online play, you may use a bluetooth headset to be able to communicate with players making everything much easier for you, this sounds silly but there's even a setting for changing the pitch of your voice! It has the sixaxis controller, so tilting it in any of the six directions may affect the way you play and some of the news controllers can vibrate, it would be good for if you were steering a plane or something like that.

It's purely amazing and the features are endless, do I need to go on? A lot of people only go for the Xbox because of hit games like Halo, these days a lot of great and big games are being released for the PS3.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Just to clarify, don't bother getting a Wii. I've played it, and it gets quite boring after a month.

Now onto real consoles, the 360 has a better game selection than the PS3 currently. GOW (GOW2 coming out soon), Halo 1-3, COD4, Bioshock, and games based on the Crytek engine in the near future. Some 360 titles are available for the PS3, but I hear that loading times are worse.

The PS3 will have free multiplayer but a worse experience (in my opinion). I'm a great fan of the 360s Live system that is definitely worth the $50 per year.

Spritey

Reaction score
I agree with Spartan Erik. I've barely played the Wii since about 6 months ago when Geometry Wars Galaxies came out.

And yeah, if you like games, get a 360, if you like movies, get a PS3. It's really as simple as that!

kkenny

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you guys too. The Wii may look appealing but after having it a while the fun dies out. I really got bored of it after 3 months with it. The only good things in it are the somewhat highly restrictive online community and SSBB.

I like the XBOX360 more because it has a better GUI in general, and it's more user friendly then PS3, the GUI is also more unique because the GUI they use for PS3 is derived off of the PSP. I also think the 360 has a better look then PS3, because the PS3 is so awkward shapes it doesn't fit where you want it to.

360 wins!

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I feel that what I'm about to say is unbiased, as I am a PC gamer and the only console I own is a Wii.

I feel that the PS3 is the overall better console. Being a PC gamer, I like the idea of cheap upgrades to extend the life of my computer. Technology-wise, it is shown that the PS3's hardware will allow it to outlive the 360 (ie. '4D gaming'). While its controller leaves much to be desired, it has mouse and keyboard support, which will allow you to leave all the joypad users far behind. While its online aspect may be lackluster compared to Xbox Live, it is free at least (though I can get a superior online experience to XBL on the PC for free as well). Xbox still has the lead when it comes to titles, but this has a lot to do with MS's effective marketing. The PS3 is actually catching up, and there are plenty of great titles that just aren't as well-known. When it comes to media, there is little competition. Also, I can't think of any console exclusive worth getting the 360 for. Halo 2 was pretty good, but Halo 3 is nothing but average compared to other FPS's I've played. Many of the good games come out on PC and PS3 as well. The PS3 makes a great media center, and it integrates the wifi aspect well. Even if Blu-ray comes to the 360 (I haven't heard of that yet), it will no doubt cost extra, whereas the PS3 is one of the cheapest Blu-ray players you can get. The GUI is not a 'copy' of the PSP, it's Sony's signature XMB (Xross Media Bar), which is used on even their TV's and allows for things like Remote Play and wireless media streaming with the PSP. It is a very effective GUI. Also, if you like having to deal with useless tech support and waiting weeks to have your console repaired, then the 360 will do you great. PS3 failures are a rarity compared to the Xbox 360's infamous 'red ring of death'. I'm sure you'll have fun with either console, but for me, I'd stick to PC gaming and get a PS3 for the media.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
In canada, the 360 and Ps3 are same price, wtf are you guys talking about with $600!?.. anyway, dude trust me.

I own a wii, i own a pc.

Go with the ps3, a couple of months ago I would've said, get a 360 you nub! I've played both, the ps3 is better except for it's lack of titles: OH WAIT! They are finally starting to release the EXACT same games for both 360 and ps3.

Ps3= FREE online, better controls, better graphics, blue-ray
360= dumbed down PC, Better online, weird controller, decent graphics, ring of death.

Clinton

Reaction score
I agree with Spartan Erik. I've barely played the Wii since about 6 months ago when Geometry Wars Galaxies came out.

And yeah, if you like games, get a 360, if you like movies, get a PS3. It's really as simple as that!

What exactly do movies have to do with a enjoying a PS3 as a gaming console? :| That whole thing about not having game and it's a good blu-ray player is tired and irrelevant at this point. Especially considering the current and future PS3 lineup this year.