PS3 Or XBOX 360

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
PS3 was suppose to launch in spring of 2006 but because blu-ray wasn't finalized, it was delayed...Also the 360 was rushed...

nothing really, just saying 360 dvd is really loud... another reason why you know the 360 was rushed... The other reason you know it was rushed was because of overheating and major design flaw... yes Microsoft exnted the warranty to 3 years if you got RROD, it was either that or they face class action lawsuit and lose even more $$... and would have to recall all 360's... Though, they improved it now...
I agree...

What?!??! Does the GameCube have Wi-Fi, online play, motion sensitivity, and do its controllers act as a pointing device? No. Why would people pay so much more for a product that's $150 less and why is the Wii selling so well? Nintendo has made serious advances since the GameCube. The GC is not-so awesome. The Wii is awesome.
Now how have the PlayStation and Xbox changed over the past generations? Their only improvement have been in their graphical capability. That's all.
You realy need to look at the PS3 again if you think it is only the graphical capability. The PS2 to PS3 had a bigger difference than gamecube to wii. It's just that people only tell others what they notice and is cool. The only cool thing I see about the Wii is all the self doing. I really would enjoy that (which I have) if there were more people playing. If not, then it really gets pretty boring and the gamecube wasn't all that bad either. The Xbox360 is only better than PS3 with thier online capability. Xbox360 has a social network going on while you play ANY game. As for PS3 you can only talk/chat with people playing the same game due to each PS3 game haveing different servers. The reason for this is beacause they choose to not lag up gamers like Xbox360 games sometimes do.

I have to say PS3 is my favorite system.

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score
How aren't they, that's the real question.

You must agree that the PS3 is a bigger improvement than the 360... The PS3 does have a lot of potiential to still be untilized. Especially if you're only just compareing to their own counterparts...

Take the PS2 for example, when it first launched everybody cryed that it was hard to developed for, look in the past year everyone, well a lot of devs, cryed that the PS3 was hard to developed for... Then a few years past after the PS2's launch you see all these amazing games. You will see that happen for the PS3 too.

How isn't the wii improvement from it's own counter part?

Better graphics than the Gcube, Better online functionality, uses DVD but no dvd movie playback... motion sensing/tracking, etc

small improvement is still an improvment, Nintendo is trying to innovate using the wii controller, but there are too many shovel ware.... So for now I'm going to say the Wii is just a fad...
Edit:
I agree...

You realy need to look at the PS3 again if you think it is only the graphical capability. The PS2 to PS3 had a bigger difference than gamecube to wii. It's just that people only tell others what they notice and is cool. The only cool thing I see about the Wii is all the self doing. I really would enjoy that (which I have) if there were more people playing. If not, then it really gets pretty boring and the gamecube wasn't all that bad either. The Xbox360 is only better than PS3 with thier online capability. Xbox360 has a social network going on while you play ANY game. As for PS3 you can only talk/chat with people playing the same game due to each PS3 game haveing different servers. The reason for this is beacause they choose to not lag up gamers like Xbox360 games sometimes do.

I have to say PS3 is my favorite system.

Totally agree xD

..and i would say wait untill home/in-game xmb comes out. I think home will tie everything together... well, hopefully..

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
How aren't they, that's the real question.
Haha you can't even answer my question. No one can.
The Wii has improved in many areas - motion sensing, innovative gameplay, Wi-Fi, online play, CHANNELS, VIRTUAL CONSOLE, controllers that can act as a pointing device, etc., etc., etc.
The only place it lacks is graphical capability, but that doesn't really matter. Who cares if the game looks good? Shouldn't the only thing that matter is the game its self?
Now lets see how things have changed...
Xbox--->Xbox 360
Yeah, there are some changes in Live, graphics, and the external features, but nothing involving the gameplay has really changed.
Shouldn't that be the only thing that matters in a game console, the gameplay its self?
PS2--->PS3
Again, there are some cool new external features, but the gameplay hasn't changed at all.
The Wii has actually innovated gameplay. Have you noticed that it is the best selling console by far? It is cheaper and has a bunch of better features.
But since this thread is about PS3s and 360s, if I had to pick out of those two, it would probably be the PS3. But I'm fine with my PS2 for now.

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score
The Wii has improved in many areas - motion sensing, innovative gameplay, Wi-Fi, online play, CHANNELS, VIRTUAL CONSOLE, controllers that can act as a pointing device, etc., etc., etc.
The only place it lacks is graphical capability, but that doesn't really matter. Who cares if the game looks good? Shouldn't the only thing that matter is the game its self?
Xbox--->Xbox 360
Yeah, there are some changes in Live, graphics, and the external features, but nothing involving the gameplay has really changed.
Shouldn't that be the only thing that matters in a game console, the gameplay its self?
PS2--->PS3
Again, there are some cool new external features, but the gameplay hasn't changed at all.
The Wii has actually innovated gameplay. Have you noticed that it is the best selling console by far? It is cheaper and has a bunch of better features.
But since this thread is about PS3s and 360s, if I had to pick out of those two, it would probably be the PS3. But I'm fine with my PS2 for now.

Nintendo only put out virtual console to earn more $$ also because they can't put in all those different cart. readers onto a wii, lol imagine a wii with 3 different cart. readers (one for nes, snes, n64)...

Isn't what you said about the wii also "some cool new external features"?

There are gameplay changes... Sixaxis/DS3 also has motion sensing(gyro), but not tracking but most games don't rely on it too much. Look at LittleBigPlanet, would you call that innovative gameplay?

what do you mean innovated gameplay? The Wiimote is like a virtual mouse with motion sensing(gyro)...

It is selling more because it is cheaper, and also, as I said before people buy it because they go to their friends/relatives and play it with each other and it was fun, then when buy it, and bring some friends/relatives over and they buy it (etc), and they get bored after a month. The Wii is only fun when you have people to play with, it's more like a party console... Because most games are pick up and go games minigames (shovelware)....

The Wii is like a virus, it spreads, untill almost everyone has it...

anyways we are moving off topic...

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
Nintendo only put out virtual console to earn more $$ also because they can't put in all those different cart. readers onto a wii, lol imagine a wii with 3 different cart. readers (one for nes, snes, n64)...

Isn't what you said about the wii also "some cool new external features"?
Yeah but I also listed some gameplay changes too.
There are gameplay changes... Sixaxis/DS3 also has motion sensing(gyro), but not tracking but most games don't rely on it too much.
That's just something minor in the PS3. They actually have an adapter for the PS2 that enables motion-sensing.
It is selling more because it is cheaper, and also, as I said before people buy it because they go to their friends/relatives and play it with each other and it was fun, then when buy it, and bring some friends/relatives over and they buy it (etc), and they get bored after a month. The Wii is only fun when you have people to play with, it's more like a party console... Because most games are pick up and go games minigames (shovelware)....
I agree somewhat. But Zelda: Twilight Princess is an exception. I can play that by myself hours at a time and I've never gotten bored.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Oh, I can answer you I just wanted to see what you could possibly come up with since you didn't include any details in your previous post.

Motion sensing = great for minigames, which the Wii has pleanty of. Other than that, the controls are unresponsive and just out right shoddy.

Innovated gameplay - Well, if minigames that keep your attention for a week are innovative then yes.

Wi-fi, online play - These are so new, right? Cause they haven't been on consoles for years? Nintendo is dead last in online play. The friend code system is just horrible.

Channels - a lot of useless features, especially in comparison to the PS3 and 360s media features.

Virtual console - Really? Games I've played 5 to 15 years ago? And they want me to repay them to play? Surely they have graphical improvements? They don't? Yeah, how bout no.

Oh, no the graphics are just the tip of the ice berg. Most of the Wiis games are bad. Like really bad. Nintendo games are the only reason to own the console. That's really not enough reasons for me to own it since I find most of the games they make not geared toward me.

Xbox--->Xbox 360

PS2--->PS3

I find this really funny. You honestly think that better hardware doesn't mean better game play? This generation alone has seen huge innovations on the two main consoles that the Wii couldn't even touch. You could never see a Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty 4, Grand Theft Auto 4 caliber game on the Wii. It's just not possible to do with it's current hardware. The games would be downgraded so bad.

The Wii has actually innovated gameplay.

So whats this innovative game play you are speaking of? Motion controls? Wii Bowling?

Have you noticed that it is the best selling console by far?

It may be selling the best, but no one is buying any games with the console. People who are buying the Wii are buying it for Nintendo games, mainly wii sports. Third party developers are being left in the dust because the average Wii owner doesn't know much about video games. With such bad third party support for the Wii, it's just not worth owning other than a quick fix here or there.

It is cheaper and has a bunch of better features.

Keep telling yourself that.

It's obvious you're still behind a generation if you think the Wii is so advanced.
Edit:
You must agree that the PS3 is a bigger improvement than the 360... The PS3 does have a lot of potiential to still be untilized. Especially if you're only just compareing to their own counterparts...

Absolutely. The PS3 is a major improvement over the PS2. The Xbox 360s improvement might not be as drastic as the PS2 to PS3 but it's still a big jump.

You couldn't even tell the consoles were related to each other if the names were removed (I'm referring to both consoles).

Take the PS2 for example, when it first launched everybody cryed that it was hard to developed for, look in the past year everyone, well a lot of devs, cryed that the PS3 was hard to developed for... Then a few years past after the PS2's launch you see all these amazing games. You will see that happen for the PS3 too.

I have confidence that the PS3 will get better with age, but I highly doubt it'll have follow the same path as the PS2 did. PS2 was a monster...It's still going with no end in sight.

How isn't the wii improvement from it's own counter part?
Better graphics than the Gcube, Better online functionality, uses DVD but no dvd movie playback... motion sensing/tracking, etc

small improvement is still an improvment, Nintendo is trying to innovate using the wii controller, but there are too many shovel ware.... So for now I'm going to say the Wii is just a fad...

I never said there wasn't any improvement over GameCube. I said that it uses last generation technology. I said it barely was better than the original Xbox. There are improvements, but most of them are minor like the addition of a motion control, minimal graphical upgrades and Wi-fi as you stated.

The question is do you really want Wii to be a fad? Does the Wii actually help the industry or is it only helping Nintendo get richer?

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score
Oh, I can answer you I just wanted to see what you could possibly come up with since you didn't include any details in your previous post.

Motion sensing = great for minigames, which the Wii has pleanty of. Other than that, the controls are unresponsive and just out right shoddy.

Innovated gameplay - Well, if minigames that keep your attention for a week are innovative then yes.

Wi-fi, online play - These are so new, right? Cause they haven't been on consoles for years? Nintendo is dead last in online play. The friend code system is just horrible.

Channels - a lot of useless features, especially in comparison to the PS3 and 360s media features.

Virtual console - Really? Games I've played 5 to 15 years ago? And they want me to repay them to play? Surely they have graphical improvements? They don't? Yeah, how bout no.

So whats this innovative game play you are speaking of? Motion controls? Wii Bowling?

It may be selling the best, but no one is buying any games with the console. People who are buying the Wii are buying it for Nintendo games, mainly wii sports. Third party developers are being left in the dust because the average Wii owner doesn't know much about video games. With such bad third party support for the Wii, it's just not worth owning other than a quick fix here or there.

1st of all your going off topic...

2nd those are improvement compared to the gamecube.. First you say ps3 and 360 are huge improvement to their prior counter parts.. then u turn around and compare the wii to everything else...

Lol, theres a PSN game that is similar to wii bownling, you hold onto Sixaxis/DS3 like a bownling ball and throw it like a bowling ball

True...

Scott B

Reaction score
Does the Wii actually help the industry or is it only helping Nintendo get richer?
Yeah. That is the goal of ALL of the videogame systems. So their respective companies can make money. But it is also bringing a new way of gaming to the industry.
You still never answered my question.

Have you played Mario Kart Wii or even Wii sports?
Actually, the Xbox was the only system in the past to actually have a good system of online play. And why is the friend code system horrible? Is there a better equivalent system on the PS or Xbox?
Oh, no the graphics are just the tip of the ice berg. Most of the Wiis games are bad. Like really bad. Nintendo games are the only reason to own the console. That's really not enough reasons for me to own it since I find most of the games they make not geared toward me.
And how many Wii games have you actually played?
I find this really funny. You honestly think that better hardware doesn't mean better game play? This generation alone has seen huge innovations on the two main consoles that the Wii couldn't even touch. You could never see a Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty 4, Grand Theft Auto 4 caliber game on the Wii. It's just not possible to do with it's current hardware. The games would be downgraded so bad.
Yeah, but the Wii is targeted for fun of all ages. You won't find Mario on the PS3 will you. Everyone has to agree that Mario games are pretty fun though, no matter what age you are. I'm sure developers could create these kind of games for the Wii too, but not everyone likes FPSs and that kind of stuff.
There are elderly people in retirement homes that play the Wii. Have that ever happened before? No. There must be some kind of innovation.
So? What's wrong with first-party games? Nintendo is a great game developer. And anyway, how do you know the sales data of Wii games?
Keep telling yourself that.
Why? Because its true?
It's obvious you're still behind a generation if you think the Wii is so advanced.
Yeah, there are some areas where the Wii lacks, but power isn't everything, is it? Some people can't afford the PS3 or 360.

Oh and guess what? A local top 40 radio station is giving out Wiis all throughout the day. Why would they be doing this if they didn't think it would attract listeners?

Now I am tired of arguing. I think I have proved my points well enough. It is obvious that some people have different tastes in videogames.

skai123

Reaction score

Actually, the Xbox was the only system in the past to actually have a good system of online play. And why is the friend code system horrible? Is there a better equivalent system on the PS or Xbox?

Yeah, but the Wii is targeted for fun of all ages. You won't find Mario on the PS3 will you. Everyone has to agree that Mario games are pretty fun though, no matter what age you are. I'm sure developers could create these kind of games for the Wii too, but not everyone likes FPSs and that kind of stuff.

So? What's wrong with first-party games? Nintendo is a great game developer. And anyway, how do you know the sales data of Wii games?

Yes I have, for mario kart i used gamecube controller... Wii sports got boring after a week and only fun to play with when people are around.. Ever notice "good" games on Wii don't rely one the wiimote much? like Smash Bros..,

Mario is getting old... Tho Mario galaxy was alright...

There are way more genre than FPS on PS3...
Folklore (RPG)
Eye Of Judgement (Card with PSeye)
Ratchet and Clank (Platformer)
Heavenly Sword (Action)
MGS4 (stealth 3rd/1st fps)

HotShot Golfs (Golf)
GT5:prologue (racing sim)
Ridge Racer (racing arcade)
MotorStorm (racing offroad)
etc,etc etc,

and those PSN games like
fl0w
everyday shooter

pain
etc

Sony has the largest 1st/2nd party developers...

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
Yes I have, for mario kart i used gamecube controller
You played Mario Kart Wii with a Gamecube controller without the motion sensing?
Wii sports got boring after a week and only fun to play with when people are around
Yeah Wii is generally more of a "multiplayer" console while the others have more single-player games

skai123

Reaction score
You played Mario Kart Wii with a Gamecube controller without the motion sensing?

Yeah Wii is generally more of a "multiplayer" console while the others have more single-player games

Yes without motion sensing, it is actually harder with montion sensing...

I wouldn't say single-player games, most are online, I would say the wii is for real life multiplayer gaming while ps3/360 is for online multiplayer gaming...

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah. That is the goal of ALL of the videogame systems. So their respective companies can make money. But it is also bringing a new way of gaming to the industry.

Nintendo systems are for Nintendo games. Playstation and Xbox systems are for both exclusives and third party games. One makes the creator of the console rich and the others make the developers and console makers rich. Which one does more for the industry?

Nintendo may be bringing in newer consumers but they aren't giving much to the industry. They are only focusing on Nintendo games, how does that help the independent developers? It doesn't. They just stop making games for that system.

You still never answered my question.

Yes I have to both.

Maybe I'm spoiled but having such a good online service with a PC and 360 compared to the Wii, it's crap. It's just a hassle doing the whole friend code system. I'm not worried about getting stalked, I want voice chat, text chat, any way of communication, standard in all games. It's just a bad setup all around.

Quite a few.

Developers don't want to make those kind of games for the Wii. They just won't sell.
There are elderly people in retirement homes that play the Wii. Have that ever happened before? No. There must be some kind of innovation.

Don't confuse ease of use to innovation.

Nothing is wrong with first party games but that's all that sells on the console. I know because I look up NPD sells as well as other independent sell charts.

Take the latest NPD charts:

May Software
1. GTA IV – Xbox 360 – 871.3K*
2. Mario Kart Wii – Wii – 787.4K
3. Wii Fit (w/ Balance Board) – Wii – 687.7K
4. GTA IV – PS3 – 442.9K
5. Wii Play w/ remote – Wii – 294.6K
6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl – Wii – 171.1K
7. Iron Man – PS2 – 130.6K
8. Guitar Hero III – Wii – 116.8K
9. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness – DS – 107K
10. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time – DS – 102K

Every Wii and DS game, except Guitar Hero, on the chart is a Nintendo game. How does that look to third party developers? Pretty bad. They see that games won't sell so they continue making casual games to cater to old people and house wives. This alienates the core gamers like me.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/12/may-npd-ps3-up-and-ps2-out-gta-iv-in-and-cod-4-out/

Why? Because its true?

Nope, because the more you tell yourself that, the more you'll be out of touch with reality.

Oh and guess what? A local top 40 radio station is giving out Wiis all throughout the day. Why would they be doing this if they didn't think it would attract listeners?

What is it, an oldies station?

Scott B

Reaction score
Nintendo systems are for Nintendo games. Playstation and Xbox systems are for both exclusives and third party games. One makes the creator of the console rich and the others make the developers and console makers rich. Which one does more for the industry?

Nintendo may be bringing in newer consumers but they aren't giving much to the industry. They are only focusing on Nintendo games, how does that help the independent developers? It doesn't. They just stop making games for that system.
Well you can't find some of the good Nintendo games on PS3 or Xbox 360 can you? Anyway, there are already a bunch of 3rd-party games out there. Who cares if they're making more money? Its the actual games that matter. Just because they're first-party doesn't mean they're not good.
Developers don't want to make those kind of games for the Wii. They just won't sell.
Developers don't create many family-friendly games for the PS3 either.
Maybe I'm spoiled but having such a good online service with a PC and 360 compared to the Wii, it's crap. It's just a hassle doing the whole friend code system. I'm not worried about getting stalked, I want voice chat, text chat, any way of communication, standard in all games. It's just a bad setup all around.
Is it any better on the PS3? Anyway, not everything revolves around friend codes on the Wii.
Don't confuse ease of use to innovation.
They kind of go hand-in-hand.
Every Wii and DS game, except Guitar Hero, on the chart is a Nintendo game. How does that look to third party developers? Pretty bad. They see that games won't sell so they continue making casual games to cater to old people and house wives. This alienates the core gamers like me.
Maybe I'm just not a "core" gamer (but I'm neither old or a housewife). The Wii is not meant for stuff like FPSs and M-rated games. That is just a small sample of data anyway. And wow, I'm surprised to see a PS2 game on that chart since its so "old" and "last-generation"
Nope, because the more you tell yourself that, the more you'll be out of touch with reality.
I'm out of touch with reality?
What is it, an oldies station?
No. Its the "hip young" station that everyone (of my age anyway) listens to. The oldest song I've heard on there was from the late 90's

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Well you can't find some of the good Nintendo games on PS3 or Xbox 360 can you?/quote]
Well, because nintendo already thought of them first and they wouldn't suit PS3 or Xbox 360 all that well...
Who cares if they're making more money?
They do...
Well, because they choose to do better games and keep up a good reputation. If they decided to do family games then they would be like the Wii and worse than the Xbox360. But because they choose to keep thier type of style of games; they are better than Wii and Xbox360. Many people only stuck to Xbox 360 due to Halo, but as soon as COD4 came out many went to PS3 since COD4 was better than Halo and was a multi-platform game. Even now, many have decidede to switch over to PS3 due to the new games coming out. I just have to say that Xbox 360 is getting old very fast...

skai123

Reaction score
Well you can't find some of the good Nintendo games on PS3 or Xbox 360 can you?/quote]
Well, because nintendo already thought of them first and they wouldn't suit PS3 or Xbox 360 all that well...

They do...

Well, because they choose to do better games and keep up a good reputation. If they decided to do family games then they would be like the Wii and worse than the Xbox360. But because they choose to keep thier type of style of games; they are better than Wii and Xbox360. Many people only stuck to Xbox 360 due to Halo, but as soon as COD4 came out many went to PS3 since COD4 was better than Halo and was a multi-platform game. Even now, many have decidede to switch over to PS3 due to the new games coming out. I just have to say that Xbox 360 is getting old very fast...

Well, PS3 is targeted at older teens to early 30 year olds... But there are "family-friendly" games...
well all sports/racing games... lol
to name a few...
Sing Star
The Eye of Judgement
MotorStorm
Lego games
Buzz Quiz
LittleBigPlanet

Most games on PSN store are kid friendly...
e.g
Flow
Piyotama
Super Puzzle Fighter
Q-Bert
Lemmings
Sudoku
Nucleus
Everyday Shooter
etc etc

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well you can't find some of the good Nintendo games on PS3 or Xbox 360 can you? Anyway, there are already a bunch of 3rd-party games out there. Who cares if they're making more money? Its the actual games that matter. Just because they're first-party doesn't mean they're not good.

First party games are the only reason people buy the console. It's really bad for the third party developers so they don't see the Wii as a profitable system. They put low budget titles on it making the quality of the games for the system suffer. With the Wii the games are either hot or cold, most of them being cold. There is no in between.

Because the system isn't geared to children, old people, and house wives. Developers know what demographic they want to sell there games to and if it's a sports game, action game, whatever, it'll more than likely sell good.

But that really doesn't mean the PS3 or Xbox 360 don't get family games either. Developers know that there is a market for all types of gamers for each system and they are bound to be purchased. Nintendo fails to see that and only markets there consoles to the demographic I mentioned prior.

Is it any better on the PS3? Anyway, not everything revolves around friend codes on the Wii.

Yes, it is. And every online game requires the stupid friend code system.

And wow, I'm surprised to see a PS2 game on that chart since its so "old" and "last-generation"

You do realize that the PS2 has over 130 million consoles sold? That's more than all the last generation consoles (Xbox, GameCube) and next gen consoles (Wii, xbox 360, PS3) have sold all together. Why would it be such a surprise?

Sokii said:
Many people only stuck to Xbox 360 due to Halo, but as soon as COD4 came out many went to PS3 since COD4 was better than Halo and was a multi-platform game. Even now, many have decidede to switch over to PS3 due to the new games coming out. I just have to say that Xbox 360 is getting old very fast...

Yeah, I don't know where you're getting your info but COD4 is the most played online game on Xbox Live right now, beating out Halo 3 and GTA4. People didn't switch systems to play it on the PS3...In fact, the Xbox 360 version has out sold the PS3 version 2 to 1.

Scott B

Reaction score
Fine. Whatever. Say whatever you want. I don't want to keep arguing with you and proving your points wrong, so I will just stop. I think the Wii is the best. I think the 360 and PS3 are an embarrassment to modern gaming. Apparently you think the opposite for some reason. I guess its just a matter of opinion. Whatever. I hate sports games and violent bloody games, but if you do, then fine. At least I can manage the friend code system. And at least I use my money wisely and don't spend it on expensive gaming systems.
They put low budget titles on it making the quality of the games for the system suffer.
Its a low-budget system isn't it? Not everyone is rich and has the money to spend $150-250 more on a PS3. But anyway, there are a lot of great 3rd party games, and a lot of those are even cross-platform.
Because the system isn't geared to children, old people, and house wives.
Exactly. You just said yourself that the Wii has a much wider demographic. The Wii is for everyone. The PS3 and 360 is not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_Games
Read through that page. There's a lot more 3rd party games than Nintendo ones. And a bunch of those 3rd party games are exclusive to the Wii.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Fine. Whatever. Say whatever you want. I don't want to keep arguing with you and proving your points wrong, so I will just stop. I think the Wii is the best. I think the 360 and PS3 are an embarrassment to modern gaming. Apparently you think the opposite for some reason. I guess its just a matter of opinion. Whatever. I hate sports games and violent bloody games, but if you do, then fine. At least I can manage the friend code system. And at least I use my money wisely and don't spend it on expensive gaming systems.

No, I don't think the opposite at all. The Wii is just the last system to please the real gamers. It's for casual users, that's it. PS3 and Xbox 360 are for the hardcore as well as the casuals. I hardly think of the Wii as an embarrassment but I do enjoy the mature experiences I get from the true next generation games.

Its a low-budget system isn't it? Not everyone is rich and has the money to spend $150-250 more on a PS3. But anyway, there are a lot of great 3rd party games, and a lot of those are even cross-platform.

It sure is a low budget system. You can tell by the games that are made for it. But really, you don't need to be rich to get a PS3 or 360.

And what are those 3rd party games?

The multiplatform games on the Wii usually the worst versions too.

Exactly. You just said yourself that the Wii has a much wider demographic. The Wii is for everyone. The PS3 and 360 is not.

Apparently it's not for everyone if it doesn't please the hardcore gamers and adults who want a more grown up medium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_Games
Read through that page. There's a lot more 3rd party games than Nintendo ones. And a bunch of those 3rd party games are exclusive to the Wii.

Them being exclusive doesn't make them good. It's quality over quantity. As someone said prior in this thread, Wii games are mostly shovelware.

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
Apparently it's not for everyone if it doesn't please the hardcore gamers and adults who want a more grown up medium.
But c'mon, there has to be at least a few games on the Wii you enjoy.
Them being exclusive doesn't make them good. It's quality over quantity. As someone said prior in this thread, Wii games are mostly shovelware.
Yeah, I'll admit some of them are bad, but there are a lot of good games too. And there are some good games on the PS3 and Xbox, but they too have their share of bad games.
The multiplatform games on the Wii usually the worst versions too.
What do you expect? Its cheaper hardware.
It sure is a low budget system. You can tell by the games that are made for it. But really, you don't need to be rich to get a PS3 or 360.
Maybe, but the cost of stuff you need to get a good gaming experience adds up. If you don't have an HDTV, its really not worth it getting a PS3 since that is one of the main advantages - powerful graphics. And you also need to get more controllers ($50!) and HDMI cables and such.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But c'mon, there has to be at least a few games on the Wii you enjoy.

It's hard to like Wii games especially since they are such small bursts of fun. They get boring after a week or so...So how can I like something that just collects dust?

Yeah, I'll admit some of them are bad, but there are a lot of good games too. And there are some good games on the PS3 and Xbox, but they too have their share of bad games.

The Wii has more bad games in comparison to the PS3 and 360. Take a look at this chart:

wiibadgamesgraph.jpg

* Xbox 360: 374 games: 26% good, 24% bad
* PS3: 122 games: 33% good, 17% bad
* Wii: 189 games: 11% good, 37% bad

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/01/report-only-11-of-wii-games-score-above-80/

It's the sad reality of the Wii.

What do you expect? Its cheaper hardware.

I expect both good game play as well as good visuals. I don't want my game play toned down. Nintendo really backed themselves in a corner by not having a triditonal controller packed in with the Wii.

I'm not saying all Wii games have toned down game play to fit the Wiimote, but there are numerous examples of this, especially with multiplatform titles.

Maybe, but the cost of stuff you need to get a good gaming experience adds up. If you don't have an HDTV, its really not worth it getting a PS3 since that is one of the main advantages - powerful graphics. And you also need to get more controllers ($50!) and HDMI cables and such.

It's not that bad. I don't use a HDTV, I use a VGA adapter which lets me play on my computer monitor. I have a 50 inch HDTV in the living room hooked up to my other 360 for mainly movies but I perfer playing on my monitor. It's not too expensive, you just need to budget yourself.

Of course if you're only getting minimum wage and working 50 hours a week then obviously gaming should be low on your priority.

HDMI cables are over priced at places like Bestbuy, Walmart, etc. Buy them online, they cost 10 bucks.

Last edited: