PS3 Or XBOX 360

skai123

Reaction score
Maybe, but the cost of stuff you need to get a good gaming experience adds up. If you don't have an HDTV, its really not worth it getting a PS3 since that is one of the main advantages - powerful graphics. And you also need to get more controllers ($50!) and HDMI cables and such.

It would still work on a SD TV, it would not be has crisp and vivid, as on a HDTV but it is still better than wii...

Don't you need to get more controllers for wii too? and it cost more with the nunchuk($20) + wiimote ($40) = $60, more than a dualshock 3($50)
all price taken from www.walmart.com there were a lot of wii accessories....

You can get a HDMI cable online for less than $10 shipped
www.monoprice.com

Edit:
The Wii has more bad games in comparison to the PS3 and 360. Take a look at this chart:

wiibadgamesgraph.jpg

* Xbox 360: 374 games: 26% good, 24% bad
* PS3: 122 games: 33% good, 17% bad
* Wii: 189 games: 11% good, 37% bad

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/01/report-only-11-of-wii-games-score-above-80/

How come the % only adds up to 50?

and the wii only adds up to 48%?

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Walmart gave $100 off for the ps3.. I still gotta say the PS3

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
They must of been over stocked.
Wal-Mart where I am is known for overstocking. That's why loads of people like to get their things from there than the other stores now. You definately did not want to be at that Wal-Mart in my area when the Wii, PS3 and XBox 360 came out. It was pretty much complete chaos with people blocking the enterances to places with their cars, and camping out in the parking lot all night.

Evocation

Reaction score
The $100 off was for blu ray players, not just the PS3 but as it is also a bluray player it was included in the deal.

skai123

Reaction score
Who ever said the X360 has a good interface... Then why is Microsoft changing it this fall? It's like XMB + Wii Channel = New interface...

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Who ever said the X360 has a good interface... Then why is Microsoft changing it this fall? It's like XMB + Wii Channel = New interface...

Which is why no one likes it.

skai123

Reaction score
The whole MS conference were mostly Mii2 things,

Avatar = Mii + Home, right in the middle too, graphic/style/interactivity wise.
new interface = xmb + channels.
Lips = SingStar
You're In the Movies = Eyetoy games
Scene It = Buzz

Brayden

Reaction score
I'm happy with Xbox 360 interface because i know where everything is and i've no problems with it.

ccloyd

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with unit9311 about the PS3. It is free to play online. XBOX live is starting to smell like "crap". My thoughts. I also think the games and graphics for PS3 are pretty much awesome.

uNo-WebMaster

Reaction score
Ps3 is so bomb but if your halo fan i would go with xbox360 other then that i think the ps3 is the way to go

fempower

Reaction score
PS3 has Bluray which won out over the HD Xbox360 has. Also, at least some of the Xboxs had hardware problems. And the PS3 is just more powerful with the potential for much better games eventually.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I'd have to side with the PS3 on every issue. Blu-ray playback, superior media center abilities, better hardware and reliability, more future-proof ('4D' gaming as they call it for some reason), mouse and keyboard support, the ability to run Linux (which means you can run other OS's too). Some people say that the 360 has better games, but I found two problems with that argument: 1. That's a subjective category, and 2. The only good game the 360 has (IMO) is GoW. I don't care for the mediocrity that is the Halo series and the rest of the games got boring really quickly. Also, sales numbers suggest that even games are turning in favor of the PS3.

Blakmagik

Reaction score
Ps3, it has better graphics, more power, a web browser, and you can play BD-J homebrew without having to hack it.